There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

This is a great place for work / life balance

Current Employee - Applications Architect in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Applications Architect in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

While JPMorgan Chase is a very big company, and managerial approaches differ, I have found that everywhere I have worked within the bank, the work / life balance has been very good. I have been able to take vacations, sick time, and other absentee days without being made to feel bad about it. Also, having the ability to work from home when necessary is a big plus as well. Although this would not apply to all positions in the bank.

Cons

This is a very large company, and really good talent may be over looked for a while, and may take time to be recognized by upper management.

Keep your eyes on the future. Don't be afraid to intelligently embrace the benefits that new technology offers.

4141 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

Chase needs improvement

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Chase has made many improvements since converting from Washington Mutual including benefits, work life balance, fairness in hiring, promoting, etc.

Cons

Chase is a really large bank and has the same issues WaMu had in communicating with employees. It's frustrating to hear about company changes in the news instead of through management channels.

Consider growth an opportunity to get employee communication right.

JPM Chase IT job

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

large company, financially secure - there are lots of good people to work with, and many are very competent. lots of east coast jobs.

Cons

not enough communications between departments leads to a lot of churn. different groups have different processes that can lead to decisions that affect other teams without warning.

in general, I am pleased with the way senior management has handled the company during the financial crisis - keep doing what you are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan