There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

This is a great place for work / life balance

Current Employee - Applications Architect in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Applications Architect in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

While JPMorgan Chase is a very big company, and managerial approaches differ, I have found that everywhere I have worked within the bank, the work / life balance has been very good. I have been able to take vacations, sick time, and other absentee days without being made to feel bad about it. Also, having the ability to work from home when necessary is a big plus as well. Although this would not apply to all positions in the bank.

Cons

This is a very large company, and really good talent may be over looked for a while, and may take time to be recognized by upper management.

Advice to Management

Keep your eyes on the future. Don't be afraid to intelligently embrace the benefits that new technology offers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. JP ok for first job

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan

Pros

They do provide some training, and there is a small ammount of leeway to accomplish your own projects. They provide 4 weeks of vactiaon.

Cons

The pay is very low for the industry, and they have a relentless drive for outsourcing and insourcing. Our manager said in just about every meeting, "we need to ousource more because its cheaper."

Advice to Management

Your relentless drive for profit is destroying the reputation of the company. This company is the prime example of the dark side of capitalism.

2. Pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

JPMC is the leading bank, and it's pretty stable. My department is as safe as you can get at any employer.

Cons

JPMC is a very stable company, however you never know when your dept. may be the one to get cut. They are always looking for ways to send jobs to India.

Advice to Management

Quit sending jobs to India! It is very difficult to understand them: it wastes time repeatedly asking them what they said, culture differences they don't understand, etc. It is very frustrating for employees to have to speak to someone from India, let alone a customer.