There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Great start, destroyed by constant re-organizing

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Wilmington, DE
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Wilmington, DE

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Very skilled and competent managers that are actually well trained at management. (not all, but the ones I had where good and it seemed to be common). HR does a lot of work to train their managers in leadership, coaching, and managing.
- Great list of products: among the best in the Credit Card industry. I worked in the card division.
- Great project managers--among the best I've worked with. So, projects will run better and creative/strategic work is easier to accomplish because great PM's handle tracking deadlines and deliverables for you.
- Good team environment with how projects are executed.
- Good health benefits back when I was there, decent pay, and small cost-of-living adjustments were pretty regular. Small bonuses were also a regular thing.

Cons

- constant re-organizing. Teams get shifted around and you end up working for multiple different managers (all within the span of one year). I've heard from folks who are still there, and they tell me the reorganizing continues. Re-orgs seem to happen with no metric for success, so before the previous re-org has settled, leaders are initiating another one.
- constant budget squeezing while executives continue to get lucrative bonuses.
- Increased scrutiny from government/regulatory agencies is making the marketing work harder and harder, and the company pushes some of that work on marketing folks.
- Hard to get raises. Competitive review process ensures that only 10% of the top performers get decent raises or bonuses, and it's not so much based on performance, but rather on whether you did one or two stellar things/achievements.

Stop re-organizing so much, figure out what's the problem, and measure for it in every action you take. Focus.

4130 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

JP Morgan Chase Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home. and run like your own business.

Cons

low base salary and hard to make changes internally.

Take stake in employees

Fair

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great financial outlook for the company, job security, career mobility, great people, clear organizational structure

Cons

lack of resources comparatively to the requirement

promote from within