J.P. Morgan

www.jpmorganchase.com
  www.jpmorganchase.com
There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

OK place to start your career

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time

Pros

With such a large company you don't have to worry much about job security and there are many opportunities for career advancement. There is also a good amount of work-life balance, at least in the IT line of business. As far as perks, there are a number of benefits that you can choose to take advantage of.

Cons

Boring at times. There is way too much bureaucracy. The compensation could be better considering that this is a rather large financial institution but it is not too far off industry average for this area.

Adopt agile!!!

4421 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

so so company, stable but mediocre.

Current Employee - Investment Banking Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Investment Banking Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

it is very stable, never heard any layoffs, at least in our department. So a good place for your life before retirement

Cons

more than half of people know nothing and do nothing. I guess it is true for most giant firms. So your pay gets diluted. Even if you are a super star, does not make much difference. after merger with Bear, you can tell the difference between Bear and JPM people. The former are top notch for sure, far more knowledgeable and productive. BTW, I am not ex-Bear. Mediocre wins and management plays favorites.

pay the out performers more generously. 80% work done by 20%. So should pay accordingly

Teller

Current Employee - Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at J.P. Morgan part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. A lot of career opportunities. Once in the company, there are many different sectors in the bank you can get promoted to.

Cons

There is currently a hiring freeze in the company. Tons of people are getting let off. I've been with the company for almost 7 years and they are not willing to promote me as a banker. Even with a college degree in economics, they will not budge. All the managers tell you they are willing to help you in any way, but when it comes down to it, they don't help with much when you ask for their help. They are plenty of incentives as a teller/banker, but they have cut down the percentages tremendously compared to 1-2 years ago.

Appreciate your current employees, especially the ones that have been loyal to the company for years.

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan