J.P. Morgan

www.jpmorganchase.com
  www.jpmorganchase.com
There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

A tough place for mid-career hires to start

Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing firm and resources, terrific product offerings for clients, smart hardworking people.

Cons

Accessing those resources is very tough when you join as an experienced hire. You'd better be supremely self confident, phenomenally resilient, impervious to threats and fear mongering, and very hard working and effective. You;ll get next to no feedback or guidance. The regulators are all over the firm, which has added to stress and a bad mood among employees.

Put people (clients, employees) first. Put technology and systems in the service of people. The firm has grown so fast it is the other way around now.

4421 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

I wish upper management cared about the teller side as much as they cared about the banking side.

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is pretty good considering every other part time job is paying somewhere in the single digits. it preps you really well in knowing how to work quickly. The customers made me love what i do. As with any job if you have the right set of people you can work wonders.

Cons

The inability to work with your personal life is something I disdained. Due to recent changes in my district they are no longer hiring tellers within our region. This leaves many of the branches understaffed. Upper managements response is to let bankers jump on the teller windows and assist if need be. This creates an atmosphere of chaos leaving customers irritated. There have been many instances where customers would ask us "where's the staff".

Let the bankers do what they are paid to do and let that be the case with tellers. Also, if a branch needs help provide it to them. There is no business that is too strong to crumble.

Dissastisfied

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are the best thing Chase has. Systems are great too.

Cons

Managers are terrible, they think they know everything, do not care about the employees at all, only about themselves, including looking great in front to the boss.

Long hours, cut down Branch hours so that employees can have a good Work/Life balance. Some work everyday from opening to closing, including Saturdays. Managers can work 60 hours a week.

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan