J.P. Morgan

www.jpmorganchase.com

Really great company to work

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Learning and upward movement. Great co workers and nice work environment.

Cons

Management can be prejudiced and unfair. Favoritism.

Judge each employee based on their entire work history.

Other reviews for J.P. Morgan

Good Job

Pros

Great hours, plenty of time off, company perks

Cons

pay increases, stability, health insurance is not the best

Oppurtunities are plentiful.

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Columbus, OH

Pros

I worked in technology and was surrounded by very high performing individuals which was awesome. The enviroment is very fast paced with many moving parts which I enjoyed. The firm has very mature process around systems development which makes it very easy once on-boarded to jump right in. The people i worked with in the Columbus were awesome and always there to lend a hand. Very team oriented. Compensation was great for just coming out of college. Eligible for 401k immediately.

Cons

Geographically Diverse - This can be good and bad, but i felt that at times it took much longer for things to get done because the only way our tech team was able to communicate with our business partners was via telephone.
    Can speak for the NYC office, but in Columbus you will be on the phone for nearly ALL of your meetings.
    Based on your personality the Subject Matter can be somewhat boring. Coming from a technology background I had no personal interest in banking and finance, but thats what the tools and applications you are building are deal with.
    Industry heavily regulated so not a lot of room for creativity in the tech space as requirements are influenced by outside regulators.

You are pretty much limited to a 15% max raise regardless of if you take a new role with more responsibility. So the salary you are earning when you are hired in is what the rest of your time at JPM will be based off of.
    ^This is the only reason I left. I was able to get a 20% outside of the company immediately vs. waiting till year end and potentially getting a 15%. This is why you will see a lot fo employee leave for a year or two and come back, this is only done to be brought back in at a higher pay grade.

Keep doing what you are doing this a top notch firm with top notch people.
    Reward high performing employees.

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!