J.P. Morgan

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Deadend

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

At least I am employed, for time being.

Cons

constant layoff rumors, no advancement, over 8 years in management, transferred to this state within company unable to get position so I took what I could get. This was a mistake because then they only were allowing lateral moves so was never able to achieve managerial position again. Previously with 5 years with the company your vacation was 5 weeks, they changed the policy and now the most you can get is 4 weeks. They also downgraded the health insurance where it costs more and the best policy they offer now is awful. Bonuses are non-existent for most employees now. Luckily I still get a yearly, rather than monthly but my yearly is the equivalent of what one of my monthly was. Many people around me didn't even get a yearly bonus this year. As you guessed company moral is very low. To advance in the company you must become best buddies with the right group, it's common knowledge around they only advance their friends, even ones that don't have degrees or the experience required for the position. Definitely time to move on to another company.

Instead of promoting buddies, without the experience and knowledge, try to promote people who truly know the job. People don't have faith in management, for every good manager there is at least 20 that don't know what is going on, don't have the experience level and degree, and are unable to answer simple questions management should know. It's a joke. It is part of the reason so many errors and lawsuits are becoming common within the company.

4885 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

JPMC Mortgage Banking

Former Employee - Senior Underwriter - Mortgage Banking in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Underwriter - Mortgage Banking in Chicago, IL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work with great people, get phenomenal on the job training and assessment.

Cons

Quality reviews are essentially pass/fail, so any indiscretion could be disastrous for your career.

Empower employees through education and training rather than through fear of job loss.

Company has changed

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great products, that customers actually want

Cons

Terrible work life balance, culture is become awful

Fire every District Manager nationwide