J.P. Morgan

www.jpmorganchase.com
  www.jpmorganchase.com
There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Boring, unmotivated coworkers, unappreciated, underpaid in comparison to competitors

Current Employee - Senior Risk Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Risk Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Reputation of firm, stability of job

Cons

Low pay, do the same thing everyday, having to be present for "face-time" purposes

You lose talent to competitors because you don't care to keep it

4406 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

Personal Banker in a small market= struggle

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Dayton, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Perks aren't too bad for discounts on cars, phone bills, etc. Better than average systems and tools to help do job well. The job is easy to do if you can talk to people and care to listen, but can be rather boring or slow for the active mind. Also, the redundancy of the job is mind-numbing.

Cons

It's a by-office experience and local management makes the difference for better and/or worse. If there are established bankers in a small location, the majority of the market for large balance acquisition is likely sapped and the bonuses at the end of the year are minimal. Low starting salary and ability to grow, especially with the Private Client program push. They will be looking to close small branches in the near future and automate more services, which reduces employment options for many and lets management have a shorter leash on employee performance. Also you become the face of "evil" for the big banks who "take all your money" according to your ever vitriolic customer base... Exciting prospect, I know...

Easily becomes a cutthroat environment with poaching mentality and no management support. Management has their pets, and they only look out for their hires. Consistency is lacking across the board and the work environment becomes catty. The people who work for you make or break your total success; don't see your numbers as your only barometer like upper management still does. I didn't stay here because it was a dead-end job with minimal chance of promotion or cross-training.

I enjoy working for the company, I just can't pay all of my bills. They need to higher their wages

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Three weeks paid vacation, chairs on the teller line, very laid back. Management is not strict at all. Very friendly atmosphere.

Cons

The hourly pay needs to be higher. The customers get very annoying at times. And closing procedures sometimes take too long.

Equality