J.P. Morgan

Satisfied employee

Current Employee - Investment Assistant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Investment Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Best CEO in the industry and one of the best anywhere. Top notch benefit package. Culture promotes integrity and work/life balance. Great place to develop your career with regular performance feedback, education and training opportunities and the chance to work with some really smart people.

Cons

In such a large organization there are some inconsistencies. I have worked in four different departments within two different lines of business and was surprised at the different cultures and quality of mid level management. I had bosses I'd work for again in a heartbeat and others not so good. My advice to coworkers who are unhappy is to find another opportunity within the organization because there are plenty and you can find a good fit. Communication doesn't always flow as well as it should between the strategic decision makers, operations and the client facing folks.

Keep making decisions with an eye toward to the long run. Give employees a chance to catch their breath between system conversions and platform changes.

4887 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

All companies have problems; JP Morgan does a pretty good job.

Current Employee - Asset Management Vice President in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Asset Management Vice President in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to try many different things across multiple areas. I would only recommend working for an Line of Business as this is where the revenue is generated. The benefits are quite good compared to other companies in the area and there is a lot of flexible with my job in terms of working from home, working flex hours, etc. My current management chain trusts me and does a good job of promoting us across the Line of Business. Senior Leadership has positioned the firm to succeed in these difficult times for financial services organizations.

Cons

It can be impersonal at times in addition to the stupidity of the firm through the actions of the core functions. Individuals that are in customer service roles don't always know what it means to serve customers. Folks don't always think through decisions nor do they stop to challenge things when they see things that don't make sense. Some times I wonder what it takes for some folks to get fired or I get I should say released. Working internationally can be difficult because of multiple time zones and accomodating everyone on the call, meaning working evenings. Office space is tight.

Continue to focus on what makes us successful. Be willing to remove folks that are doing the job or were incorrectly promoted.

Boundless opportunities if you know how to spot them.

Current Employee - Vice President in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

There really are a lot of opportunities if you are able to spot them. Make sure to read up on how financial institutions work before you join or early after you join and take advantage of all the available training. Make sure you focus on a spot where things are happening and don't get lured into a dead-end spot of which there are many. Where you sit in these huge institutions makes all the difference

Cons

Very large corporation. Risk for people to get boxed into certain roles.

Do a better job spotting poor managers. They harm the environment.

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan