There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Not what you would expect.

Current Employee - AML Analyst- KYC in Newark, DE
Current Employee - AML Analyst- KYC in Newark, DE

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reputable name and people outside of banking seem to hold it to high esteem because it's the biggest bank.

Cons

Disorganization - Everything changes every week and managers lack serious competency; you cannot seek their expertise (b/c they lack any). Loyalty/Compensation- Management will try to low-ball individuals over their salary and have employees perform management functions without any extra pay. Additionally, the pay is below the industry average. Location- Newark and Wilmington, DE are less than desirable and living in a major metropolitan city (i.e., Philadelphia) is unrealistic now that the 495 is shut down. Talent pool- very weak in the DE market and new employees are getting paid higher wages b/c of this, causing discontent among the workers who have been their longer and possess a higher skill-set. Worker morale- Management presses for unrealistic numbers and there are rumors of/actual layoffs every month or two.

Advice to Management

Hire a legitimate consulting group to come in and determine re-organization needs. Have the consulting groups reduce redundancies - there are numerous redundancies and lots of waste (labor-cost wise). Have management re-apply for their jobs. Move out of the DE locations - you get what you pay for remaining in a weak talent pool.

Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan

1. INTERNSHIP FOREIGN EXCHANGE

Pros

great environment and learning experience

Cons

a lot of information at once

2. Very laid back, easy money

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Heathrow, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Heathrow, FL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

staff is very supportive of your current role within the company.

Cons

Senior management only cares about covering their own tails.

Advice to Management

i do not believe that an employees career development should lie solely in the hands of management. we control our own paths within the company telling me otherwise is why i no longer work for them. I control my own future. Not one opinionated manager who didnt want me to leave their department.