There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Good to work for not for career advancement

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Jersey City, NJ
Current Employee - Vice President in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Competitive salary, excellent work life balance , 4 weeks vacation for officer and above. Excellent place to start your career to get the experience you need. If you're looking for career advancment, there is little to none. I see people who work here for 10, 15 years and still can't make VP needless to say a management position.

Cons

Not diverse at management level. If you are minority, prepare to work at a dead end job with little to no chance to advance. In addition, management positions are often given to friends and buddies of the person in charge and not by individual performance.

Diversify middle to senior management positions. Give employees a chance advance by promoting someone up the chian whith the team/Org Chart. Stop giving the jobs to the same circle of people.

4003 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

If you have a cut-throat instinct and enjoy crushing others while climbing to the top, JPM is the place for you.

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

JPM pays you well. And they're fairly flexible about work/life balance.

Cons

Management is too worried about themselves to take care of their team.

Senior Management needs to better manage the development of juniors.

If you want a good job, move to India

Current Employee - Applications Developer Analyst Level I  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Applications Developer Analyst Level I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Benefits, vacation time, and has been relatively stable compared to other banks.

Cons

Horrible leadership, possibly corrupt. Entire departments are moved to India, and management claims its not "outsourcing" because they are still JPMC employees working in JPMC owned facilities - As if that matters one bit to the people that just lost their job, and the people that are afraid for their job.

Employees are treated like bugs, to be squashed whenever possible. Everyone is forced into a standard review model where if you did a great job, but someone did slightly better than you, instead of both of you being rewarded, you will be given the worst possible review. Your manager will shake his head and tell you that it is just the way it is, and he's sorry and knows you didn't deserve it.

Even the best review possible receives a minuscule raise when compared to the numbers that most management and senior management receive. The employees that do 99% of the work receive far far less than what they deserve.

Stop trying to top out at record profits. Look at $1 billion and say "wow that is really great. We can't possibly need more than that, lets give every cent over that back to the employees because they work 70 hour weeks for us with no overtime." Treat people like people. And stop moving stuff to India. We're onto you. Its destroying this company. The level of satisfaction is horrid. The people over there don't do their job right, and everyone suffers for it. Just because you screw with the numbers to make it look like job satisfaction is "normal" doesn't mean it is.

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!