J.P. Morgan

www.jpmorganchase.com

Good to work for not for career advancement

Vice President (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsCompetitive salary, excellent work life balance , 4 weeks vacation for officer and above. Excellent place to start your career to get the experience you need. If you're looking for career advancment, there is little to none. I see people who work here for 10, 15 years and still can't make VP needless to say a management position.

ConsNot diverse at management level. If you are minority, prepare to work at a dead end job with little to no chance to advance. In addition, management positions are often given to friends and buddies of the person in charge and not by individual performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify middle to senior management positions. Give employees a chance advance by promoting someone up the chian whith the team/Org Chart. Stop giving the jobs to the same circle of people.

If you have a cut-throat instinct and enjoy crushing others while climbing to the top, JPM is the place for you.

Product Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros: JPM pays you well. And they're fairly flexible about… Cons: Management is too worried about themselves to take care of… Advice to Senior Management: Senior Management needs to better manage the development of juniors. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If you want a good job, move to India

Applications Developer Analyst Level I (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros: Benefits, vacation time, and has been relatively stable compared to… Cons: Horrible leadership, possibly corrupt. Entire departments are moved to India, and management claims its not "outsourcing" because they are still JPMC employees working in JPMC… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to top out at record profits. Look at $1 billion and say "wow that is really great. We can't possibly need more than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on J.P. Morgan.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!