There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Good to work for not for career advancement

Current Employee - Vice President in Jersey City, NJ
Current Employee - Vice President in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Competitive salary, excellent work life balance , 4 weeks vacation for officer and above. Excellent place to start your career to get the experience you need. If you're looking for career advancment, there is little to none. I see people who work here for 10, 15 years and still can't make VP needless to say a management position.

Cons

Not diverse at management level. If you are minority, prepare to work at a dead end job with little to no chance to advance. In addition, management positions are often given to friends and buddies of the person in charge and not by individual performance.

Advice to Management

Diversify middle to senior management positions. Give employees a chance advance by promoting someone up the chian whith the team/Org Chart. Stop giving the jobs to the same circle of people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company, great opportunity, great leadership

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

The ability to advance and grow with the company. The leadership of the company is very key also. Jamie Dimon is doing a great job to keep the JPMC above the rest. There has not been many job cuts or disastrous news, which is great since we are in an economy that is very sensitive right now.

Cons

There is much to learn when you first start. Not everything is laid out for you and sometimes you have to take the initiative and go out to find your own answers It maybe overwhelming at time.

Advice to Management

Youre doing a great job. We should have one centralized method of doing things or atleast try to have one. Each team or LOb does things differently which makes it difficult to undestand certain reports or processes

If you want a good job, move to India

Current Employee - Applications Developer Analyst Level I in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Applications Developer Analyst Level I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Benefits, vacation time, and has been relatively stable compared to other banks.

Cons

Horrible leadership, possibly corrupt. Entire departments are moved to India, and management claims its not "outsourcing" because they are still JPMC employees working in JPMC owned facilities - As if that matters one bit to the people that just lost their job, and the people that are afraid for their job. Employees are treated like bugs, to be squashed whenever possible. Everyone is forced into a standard review model where if you did a great job, but someone did slightly better than you, instead of both of you being rewarded, you will be given the worst possible review. Your manager will shake his head and tell you that it is just the way it is, and he's sorry and knows you didn't deserve it. Even the best review possible receives a minuscule raise when compared to the numbers that most management and senior management receive. The employees that do 99% of the work receive far far less than what they deserve.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to top out at record profits. Look at $1 billion and say "wow that is really great. We can't possibly need more than that, lets give every cent over that back to the employees because they work 70 hour weeks for us with no overtime." Treat people like people. And stop moving stuff to India. We're onto you. Its destroying this company. The level of satisfaction is horrid. The people over there don't do their job right, and everyone suffers for it. Just because you screw with the numbers to make it look like job satisfaction is "normal" doesn't mean it is.