J Sainsbury

www.j-sainsbury.co.uk
  www.j-sainsbury.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for J Sainsbury

A good way to keep me funded during my student years

Former Employee - General Assistant in Northwich, England (UK)
Former Employee - General Assistant in Northwich, England (UK)

I worked at J Sainsbury

Pros

The job was ok, I had varied tasks and was trained to work on many deparments. Plenty of overtime on offer also.

Cons

There was NO recognition from management when a job was well done but they were soon to come down on you when something isn't done correctly.

Recognise a job well done, and constantly communicate expectations to employees. Also make sure employees get the opportunity for feedback more than once a year.

231 Other Employee Reviews for J Sainsbury (View Most Recent)

great

I have been working at J Sainsbury

Pros

great place to work , nice company

Cons

pay is not reflective of the hours worked

great

Job that will always be there, but stagnating

Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I worked at J Sainsbury

Pros

The work is solid and as long as you don't make a gross obvious mistake you will always have that job. Discount is ok. It's fairly easy to get promoted to the Team Leader position. They are excellent towards students and I've never had a problem getting emergency time off or had any issues or complaints with my holidays. Store managers treat you as humans. Solid development system. Training readily available if you want it. Job responsibilities clearly laid out.

Cons

Work weekends and holidays for no premium. Pay is very low, even with London Weighting. Customers will abuse you for their own amusement/stress relief. Bonus is slim. Labour budgets too tight (in Convenience) leading to massive stress and failure to hit other targets. Store CCTV and security procedures focus on staff being criminals, rather than on actual criminals. There is serious risk of assault on weekends, especially in Convenience. Physical toll on your body. Quality of working environment depends on the specific store you are in, some of the Convenience stores are catastrophically bad.

Increase labour budgets in Convenience stores. Start treating each Convenience store as it's own local entity with it's own sales direction and daily routine, rather than standardising ranges and policies across a whole diverse area.

There are newer employer reviews for J Sainsbury