J Sainsbury
www.j-sainsbury.co.uk London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

1 000 000 Reasons to not join sainsburys in any way.

Sales Assistant (Current Employee)
Chipping Ongar, England (UK)

ProsThere are not many good reasons for working in sainsburys apart from the fact that its easy to get a job in there even people like david beckham would get a job at the snap of two fingers. The other reason why it is kinda reasonable is because if you work on the deli you can eat as much as you want, your not suppose to, but what the hell who cares if sainsburys losed 50p evertime you eat a slice of ham. Oh and maybe one more thing everyone that you work with in their hates the whole management tier.

ConsWhen you actually get given a discount card its 10%, oh wait that aint that good. Every manager is stuck up their own arse, except the normal department managers and sometimes even they act as though their god.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise managment to not talk to their employees like they are dogs and to get their head out of their arse otherwise one day they may have a brown face when they come up against someone that isnt going to let themselves be spoken down to.

favouritism leads the way

Administrative - Price Controller (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I have been working at J Sainsbury

Pros: If you get in with the right group you can work your way around the departments quite easily. Being on checkouts it is quite easy… Cons: The managers seem incapable of encouraging the members of staff, HR treats staff with contempt. If you go to them too often with queries or… Advice to Senior Management: The senior management need to actively try to motivate the people at store level who are the face of the company they are trying to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Sainsbury's no worse than any other retail group

Department Manager (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at J Sainsbury

Pros: Good progression for career, company is more interested in your experience than what qualifications you… Cons: Work life balance is very poor. Work over your hours on a daily basis. Shift times… Advice to Senior Management: Remember that we can't do impossable. We all want to succeed, but allow us to… More
There are newer reviews on J Sainsbury.

Worked for J Sainsbury? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J Sainsbury reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J Sainsbury CEO Mike Coupe. All reviews posted anonymously by J Sainsbury employees.