There are newer employer reviews for J Sainsbury

Controller

Current Employee - Code Controller in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Code Controller in London, England (UK)

I have been working at J Sainsbury full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn Management skills, work under pressure, solving analytical problems

Cons

Not specifically relates to my filed that I am actually looking for

209 Other Employee Reviews for J Sainsbury (View Most Recent)

An interesting opportunity if appreciated at the right time!

Former Employee - Checkouts in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Checkouts in London, England (UK)

I worked at J Sainsbury part-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great family atmosphere among employee's suits student working being open late and not to stressful!

Cons

The RSG contracts offer poorer rewards than the previous contracts and I denied a work break when i requested on after a year and a half of service only to lose all my accrued work bonus and have employee record altered by an unprofessional HR manager

Great Company for students

Former Employee - FOA/Customer Service in Ferndown, England (UK)
    Former Employee - FOA/Customer Service in Ferndown, England (UK)

I worked at J Sainsbury full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great company for students as they where very flexible, always understood when I had to go back home for the summer and Christmas.

Also had great rewards inc decent holiday days, saving plan with option to buy shares, upto 3% bonus every year, discount card and they did a lot of charity work which is always good to see in a company.

Cons

New starters usually get the rubbish jobs. Students usually put on a contract with low number of hours but work a lot more hours which is good until you take a holiday then you only get paid for the contracted hours (trust me it makes a difference to your monthly pay)

I wanted to do a graduate scheme after I completed uni but was turned down, I think more should be done to take on people who are already there (i.e. guaranteed interview) because they can lose some really talented people to competition.

Please lead by example, it makes all the difference because you get to see how long things actually take.

There are newer employer reviews for J Sainsbury