J Sainsbury

www.j-sainsbury.co.uk
  www.j-sainsbury.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for J Sainsbury

Great place to develop through from all levels of experience and expertise

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at J Sainsbury full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can do culture, great community feel across organisation, everyone is working towards serving our customers from HR to IT to Finance ect.....meeting celebrities in the office and free products.

Cons

Normal politics across most places, often people are moved around to departments without experience...for example a Beers manager moving to IT role.

Keep up the good work.

230 Other Employee Reviews for J Sainsbury (View Most Recent)

BA

I worked at J Sainsbury

Pros

Looks after employees very well

Cons

Headquarters can seem distant from stores

First glimpse of the working world

Former Employee - General Assistant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at J Sainsbury part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sainsburys was my first job that supported me through sixth form, college and then onto university. They were flexible, allowing me time off for exams and other educational commitments,
    Most people I worked with were very friendly, although some were not so interested in being friendly which I often thought was because they didn't think I would be there very long. After working there 5 years and 10 months I decided I needed to move onto other things which was not an easy decision.

Cons

Some managers were not interested in talking to you unless to tell you to do something that was not part of your job role. Nor did they understand that you were only contracted until a certain time, I would normally leave 10-15 minutes after this time.

It would be nice if some of the managers had taken more of an interest in my education, I suspect hardly any knew I was studying a degree in Architecture. Not that this should have had, but it might have made them treat me with a little more respect.

There are newer employer reviews for J Sainsbury