There are newer employer reviews for J Sainsbury

BA

I worked at J Sainsbury

Pros

Looks after employees very well

Cons

Headquarters can seem distant from stores

206 Other Employee Reviews for J Sainsbury (View Most Recent)

Customer service assistant

Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Ellesmere Port, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Ellesmere Port, England (UK)

I worked at J Sainsbury as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Staff and customers extremely friendly. Keeps employees interests at heart- good holidays and pay. Good work hours based around you.

Cons

There is really any downsides to working at Sainsburys but they are strict on uniform and grooming- they want you to look your best all the time whilst in their uniform.

Keep doing what you are doing!!

First glimpse of the working world

Former Employee - General Assistant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at J Sainsbury part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sainsburys was my first job that supported me through sixth form, college and then onto university. They were flexible, allowing me time off for exams and other educational commitments,
    Most people I worked with were very friendly, although some were not so interested in being friendly which I often thought was because they didn't think I would be there very long. After working there 5 years and 10 months I decided I needed to move onto other things which was not an easy decision.

Cons

Some managers were not interested in talking to you unless to tell you to do something that was not part of your job role. Nor did they understand that you were only contracted until a certain time, I would normally leave 10-15 minutes after this time.

It would be nice if some of the managers had taken more of an interest in my education, I suspect hardly any knew I was studying a degree in Architecture. Not that this should have had, but it might have made them treat me with a little more respect.

There are newer employer reviews for J Sainsbury