J Sainsbury
www.j-sainsbury.co.uk London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Great company but work needs to be done

Customer Assistant (Current Employee)
Durrington, England (UK)

Prosgreat company to work for and the pay is really good if you are in one of their local stores. Really easy to transfer to other stores and even easier to move up within the company.

ConsThe uniform is awful - polo shirts and black trousers; nice if we were in shirt and ties like every other supermarket name. the workload is too much because some stores are so under staffed and some employees will not partake in all aspects of the supermarket (In a local store every person including managers are expected to work on the shop floor and put out stock etc.)

Advice to Senior Managementhire more staff, get a better uniform and train staff more

Varied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at J Sainsbury

Pros: National organistion which should mean better career prospects for growth. Quick with… Cons: Do not see the the full abilities of all staff. Should… Advice to Senior Management: Change online recruitment process No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Awful

Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Ilford, England (UK)

I worked at J Sainsbury full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Discount and events such as the Olympics Cons: Horrible to the staff no respect for the individual. . No… Advice to Senior Management: Treat everyone the same not just your own nationality. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on J Sainsbury.

Worked for J Sainsbury? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J Sainsbury reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J Sainsbury CEO Mike Coupe. All reviews posted anonymously by J Sainsbury employees.