JAB Broadband

There are newer employer reviews for JAB Broadband

Current-Human Resource Generalist... The truth about this place

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO

I have been working at JAB Broadband full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people here are wonderful individuals and truly know the meaning of teamwork. The department culture is upbeat and fun. There is opportunity for advancement if you work hard and prove yourself. There is continual learning and you touch on nearly EVERY facet of HR. As a Generalist you are able to work on everything... ADA, FMLA, Workers' Comp, Hiring and On boarding, Training, Performance Reviews, Disciplinary Actions, Terminations, Promotions, Compensation, any and all Legal Compliance.... it is endless, which is challenging but rewarding.
There is opportunity to interact with all levels of employees from Entry Level to Executive Management, Call Center to Tower Climbers, Accountants to Engineers.
The business itself is unique and if you are a business minded person there is plenty to learn outside of HR as well.

Cons

The company is growing fast and continues to acquire other businesses, this can be stressful.... but it is a good sign that the company is growing and not going out of business.
The hours are long currently but it is a goal of management to improve this. We seem to always be short staffed in the department because we are growing our employee count quickly. In the last year we have acquired nearly 150 employees. I see the root of the long hours and although it is difficult, I get it.
This job takes a lot of attention to detail and isn't a fit for everyone.

18 Other Employee Reviews for JAB Broadband (View Most Recent)

For HR, keep on looking for employment elsewhere...

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO

I worked at JAB Broadband full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free parking, wearing jeans on Friday's

Cons

HR leaves a lot to be desired. Not a particularly well educated management team in this area.
    Ex HR employee, I keep posting here to help other potential candidates, and my reviews keep getting removed...isn't that interesting!!!

Hire better HR Managers to help grow the company.

Definitely explore all other options before accepting a job with JAB.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at JAB Broadband

Pros

Compensation is fair and there is ample parking.

Cons

Lack of autonomy. Beware of the manipulative HR department.

This is a build to sell company and seems to only have its eye on the end goal. Employees are pushed to the limit with no relief in sight.

Please treat your employees with respect and dignity. Listen to their ideas. Some just might benefit the company.

There are newer employer reviews for JAB Broadband