There are newer employer reviews for JAB Broadband

Customer focused company with subscriber growth. Improve network in companies that are purchased.

I have been working at JAB Broadband full-time

Pros

Great team! CEO wants customers to have the best service we can provide. Willing to put money into upgrading product. Casual dress requirements in the offices. Benefit premiums are low and include medical, dental, vision, $50k life ins., short and long term disability. Free service after 6 months of employment and discount for 2 family members. Eight paid holidays. PTO roll over option of 40 hours. Chance to move around in departments and learn new skills.

Cons

Little to no continuing education. Long hours. Benefit deductible is high. No 401(k), additional life insurance or FSA. Company is smaller so advancement into managmement is harder than moving to other departments.

Employees want more perks.
Change management team training. Some managers need to improve basic skills.

reviews filtered by

Current-Human Resource Generalist... The truth about this place

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO

I have been working at JAB Broadband full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people here are wonderful individuals and truly know the meaning of teamwork. The department culture is upbeat and fun. There is opportunity for advancement if you work hard and prove yourself. There is continual learning and you touch on nearly EVERY facet of HR. As a Generalist you are able to work on everything... ADA, FMLA, Workers' Comp, Hiring and On boarding, Training, Performance Reviews, Disciplinary Actions, Terminations, Promotions, Compensation, any and all Legal Compliance.... it is endless, which is challenging but rewarding.
    There is opportunity to interact with all levels of employees from Entry Level to Executive Management, Call Center to Tower Climbers, Accountants to Engineers.
    The business itself is unique and if you are a business minded person there is plenty to learn outside of HR as well.

Cons

The company is growing fast and continues to acquire other businesses, this can be stressful.... but it is a good sign that the company is growing and not going out of business.
    The hours are long currently but it is a goal of management to improve this. We seem to always be short staffed in the department because we are growing our employee count quickly. In the last year we have acquired nearly 150 employees. I see the root of the long hours and although it is difficult, I get it.
    This job takes a lot of attention to detail and isn't a fit for everyone.

For HR, keep on looking for employment elsewhere...

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO

I worked at JAB Broadband full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free parking, wearing jeans on Friday's

Cons

HR leaves a lot to be desired. Not a particularly well educated management team in this area.
    Ex HR employee, I keep posting here to help other potential candidates, and my reviews keep getting removed...isn't that interesting!!!

Hire better HR Managers to help grow the company.

There are newer employer reviews for JAB Broadband