poor

Former Employee - Sales in Malibu, CA
Former Employee - Sales in Malibu, CA

I worked at JAKKS Pacific

Pros

the pay is very good

Cons

the pressure is very high

Advice to Management

smile

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fun people, chaotic day-to-day, no work-life balance, poor information sharing, high stress, no training.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

I worked at JAKKS Pacific

Pros

Cool and friendly people that are funny and fun. Most are smart also and passionate about toys.

Cons

No training for new hires-- not on the management tools, systems, etc. It is 100% sink or swim. You must be sure to reach out to other, particularly early on, to learn stuff fast b/c you are expected to hit the ground running.

No work/life balance. You are expected to kill yourself at work. There is also no job security, so people are scared/worried much of the time.

It feels like a frat/sorority. That can be a pro or a con depending on who you are, but I left college in college.

Perpetually understaffed, so one person is regularly doing the job of 2-3.

Advice to Management

Establish a basic training for new hires for using the necessary JAKKS systems. Standardize business scorecarding across brand groups. Try to formalize the development and management processes more.

It was OK while it lasted

Former Employee - Freelance Artist in Malibu, CA
    Former Employee - Freelance Artist in Malibu, CA

I worked at JAKKS Pacific

Pros

As a Freelance Artist I was able to earn a decent living working from home while I worked toward my degree. Adored my direct management team.

Cons

Billing department had poor communication with project managers. Frequently had to resubmit my invoices for payment and there many times when checks would arrive later than expected.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your team members. Better communication between management, licensing and production team so less time is wasted in second guessing, revisions and redundant ineffective emails.