JBS USA Holdings, Inc.

www.jbssa.com
  www.jbssa.com
There are newer employer reviews for JBS USA Holdings, Inc.

Competitive pay, good people, boring location

Former Employee - Base Camp Program in Greeley, CO
Former Employee - Base Camp Program in Greeley, CO

I worked at JBS USA Holdings, Inc. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Made a decent wage
40 hr wk
Able to communicate with upper management easily
Opportunity to lead to full time position

Cons

Have to spend a week at a processing (slaughter) plant... I'm a little squeamish
Salaried workers are overworked and can sometimes spend 60hr/wk, like at qtr end

Really try and understand where people might fit well in your organization instead of simply being satisfied with mediocre work products.

43 Other Employee Reviews for JBS USA Holdings, Inc. (View Most Recent)

most stressful place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Production Employee in Marshalltown, IA
    Current Employee - Production Employee in Marshalltown, IA

I have been working at JBS USA Holdings, Inc. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

good medical insurance, and a weekly check to pay bills. Also meet alot of hardworking people in the same boat with you.

Cons

They take your life away. It's all work-work-work. no time for yourself or family. They don't respect you as an individual,

Get off your high horses and come down to earth. We are not robots fueled by an energizer battery. We wear down. Treat us as the person we are with respect and some appreciation for all we do and give up so that your company can continue to grow. We go home tired and sore and hope we can afford our monthly bills and support our families while you reap all the rewards of our hard work- with out so much as a thank-you

Run!!!

Former Employee - SAP Functional in Greeley, CO
    Former Employee - SAP Functional in Greeley, CO

I worked at JBS USA Holdings, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you want to learn and gain knowledge, this is the place to be. Because you will be working overtime from day one till you leave the company.

Cons

Management do not have any clue on how SAP and other applications works. JBS implemented SAP on 2010 with in house resources borrowed from Pilgrims Pride. There are examples where IT management implemented a third party solutoin because of business request without knowing SAP has same functionality. All the IT decisions are made by three senior IT management and business leaders. Rest of the IT folks are expected to play a silent role. One of the senior IT leader had the nerve to send an email saying "expected weekely work hours are 60+ and working for JBS IT is not a 9 to 5 job." Don't be surprised if you have a new manager or team members without any feedback from you. Like I said, if you are not one of the three IT leader, you are suppose to play a silent role. JBS do not believe in raise. You might get bonus if it's a good year or so. But do not expect any raise. Anyone ever heard of SAP JOB FAIR? JBS held SAP job fair on 2010 to fill SAP positions!! From my two years with JBS IT, I have identified the type of people who should join/work for JBS. If you fall into any of these categories, go ahead join. Otherwise run the opposite side.
    1. You are about to retire and want a place to hang out few for years for insurance purpose.
    2. You are a recent collage grad or fresh in the industry and need a break. Sky is your limit because there will be open positions all around you all the time.
    3. You need US work sponsorship. Otherwise your ass will be back in Mexico or India.
    4. You dont like change. You have been with the same company/industry for all your life, why change now?
    5. You hate your family and want to work 60+ hours a week.
    If you do not trust my review, check out JBS site for IT open positions. There will be atleast 20 positions open year round. And one last advice, don't fall into handsome relocation package. You will regret later.

Try to be a technical manager and advice solutions to business. Even a monkey can do what you guys do. In this matter I should probably say cow, not monkey. Recognize the people grass root people who runs the IT organization.

There are newer employer reviews for JBS USA Holdings, Inc.