There are newer employer reviews for JCP Portraits

I would recommend working in another Photography sector if you can't handle kids and family tensions

I worked at JCP Portraits

Pros

In the off season it was not so busy, so less stressful, more laid back. I got 10 percent off any JC Penny stuff
Met only two great employees in the Company
flexibility in creativity

Cons

Poor Management skills
hectic environment during the Holidays
never enough hours/ or they would extend your hours with no notice on that day (however they said this was managements policy)
co workers did not work as a team
training strategy lacks

Respect your Employees and try to have better management skills.

41 Other Employee Reviews for JCP Portraits (View Most Recent)

It was not what I expected it to be.

I worked at JCP Portraits

Pros

I was hired on the spot. Training was fast and helpful. Most coworkers were friendly. A great learning experience. Seeing the finishing results on photos I created was wonderful.

Cons

Too many employees working at one time. There were only two photo rooms and they overbooked appointments so it was always customers waiting. Some customers can be a little rude. Manager always came in late and did not really do anything.

Do not overbook appointments. Give your new employees a chance to get their feet wet. Don't just stick them with making appointments and hanging up key chains.

Pushy

I worked at JCP Portraits

Pros

Did learn a few photography tricks, got a discount on JCPenney store (20%), somewhat flexible time and schedule if you give notice or find someone to switch

Cons

Way too focused on sales, safety for children not that great, no breaks or set lunch was told to just "grab it when I could" and would only get five minutes

Spend more time giving hands on training instead of all of the computer simulation training. Give actual scheduled breaks. More training for ringing up sales.

There are newer employer reviews for JCP Portraits

Worked for JCP Portraits? Contribute to the Community!