JDSU

There are newer employer reviews for JDSU

Stay away from JDSU if you're under 60

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at JDSU full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay well compared to others in similar industries. That's about it.

Cons

The benefits are terrible, especially the stock purchase plan. Compared to other tech companies in our area, it's laughable. Retaliation by management if employees complain is alive and well. HR doesn't listen if you turn to them for help; their attitude it "suck it up or get out." JDSU is very old school in its management and promotion practices, and young employees don't stay long once they figure out they have no future here. Even the culture is old-school; no fun at all. The employees I see around me just drag through their days and no one seems happy to be here. For all its talk about collaboration, the company provides almost no social opportunities for employees to come together outside work, or even inside work. It's a thoroughly depressing place to be.

Stop trying to convince us that you care and actually SHOW us. You say you care about career development for your employees? All we see is management and high potential development, but nothing for the rest of us. Put your money where your mouth is, and develop the 80% of us who make up most of your company. Everybody wants to save money, but think about how much you lose every time great employees walk out the door because the company didn't do anything to make them want to stay.

184 Other Employee Reviews for JDSU (View Most Recent)

Management are no good.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I worked at JDSU full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Outside office activities are good.

Cons

Be ready to be stress. Management doesnt look at you if your stress or not. HR are pro management doesnt do anything to improve working relationship with the employee and manager.
    No vacation accruals. They have DTO, which depends on your Manager approval.

Give management training to all Managers and Supervisor, how to deal with your employees.

It's a paycheck till something better come along

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

I have been working at JDSU full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility
    Work Life Balance
    Decent package
    No commute

Cons

No management communication
    No opportunity to work on new projects
    No career growth
    Immediate Managers need to stop looking out for themselves
    They make decisions without involving team members and when it comes to actually doing the job just hand it to some poor sucker without involving them in the meetings

There are newer employer reviews for JDSU