JDSU
www.jdsu.com Milpitas, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Stay away from JDSU if you're under 60

(Current Employee)
Milpitas, CA

ProsThey pay well compared to others in similar industries. That's about it.

ConsThe benefits are terrible, especially the stock purchase plan. Compared to other tech companies in our area, it's laughable. Retaliation by management if employees complain is alive and well. HR doesn't listen if you turn to them for help; their attitude it "suck it up or get out." JDSU is very old school in its management and promotion practices, and young employees don't stay long once they figure out they have no future here. Even the culture is old-school; no fun at all. The employees I see around me just drag through their days and no one seems happy to be here. For all its talk about collaboration, the company provides almost no social opportunities for employees to come together outside work, or even inside work. It's a thoroughly depressing place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to convince us that you care and actually SHOW us. You say you care about career development for your employees? All we see is management and high potential development, but nothing for the rest of us. Put your money where your mouth is, and develop the 80% of us who make up most of your company. Everybody wants to save money, but think about how much you lose every time great employees walk out the door because the company didn't do anything to make them want to stay.

Management are no good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Milpitas, CA

I worked at JDSU full-time for more than a year

Pros: Outside office activities are good. Cons: Be ready to be stress. Management doesnt look at you if your stress or not. HR are pro management doesnt… Advice to Senior Management: Give management training to all Managers and Supervisor, how to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It's a paycheck till something better come along

Germantown, MD

I have been working at JDSU full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility Work Life Balance Decent package No commute Cons: No management communication No opportunity to work on new projects No career growth Immediate Managers need to stop looking out for themselves They make decisions without involving… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on JDSU.

Worked for JDSU? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JDSU reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JDSU CEO Thomas Waechter. All reviews posted anonymously by JDSU employees.