JDSU

Overworked, but flexible

Former Employee - Channel Manager in Richardson, TX
Former Employee - Channel Manager in Richardson, TX

I worked at JDSU

Pros

The best reason to work at JSDU was the flexibility to make my own hours, and leave work whenever and whyever I needed to. No one clocked me in or out, and as long as I got my work done, no one minded what I was up to.

Cons

The main downside is directly related to the upside - although I could work whenever I wanted to, I was so overloaded that I had to work all the time. I covered a territory well beyond my abilities, experience, or training, and that was the norm.

I suggest considering the work loads of your salespeople before doing more 'reductions in force' or 'streamlining'. A company can only work so lean. Bring back the support staff, reduce the complexity of the compensation model, and let your salespeople do what it does best - SELL.

178 Other Employee Reviews for JDSU (View Most Recent)

You will get really good work at JDSU but always there will be risk of cost cutting

I worked at JDSU full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for JDSU India. JDSU hires really brilliant talent and I was proud to be one. Office culture is really good, people around you are of helpful nature. If you like to do variety of work then it's a good place!

Cons

There is always risk of cost cutting.

Management should trust their employees.

Great co-op student experience

Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at JDSU as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The team was small and agile with very competent people. Received good feedback from manager and always knew how to adjust to better meet goals, flexible work environment, a lot of freedom.

Cons

Felt there was lack of training at the start. Communication between marketing versus engineering often conflicted in terms of my targets.

More involvement with co-ops, allow students to network with each other and larger team.

There are newer employer reviews for JDSU