JDSU

www.jdsu.com

Overworked, but flexible

Channel Manager (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsThe best reason to work at JSDU was the flexibility to make my own hours, and leave work whenever and whyever I needed to. No one clocked me in or out, and as long as I got my work done, no one minded what I was up to.

ConsThe main downside is directly related to the upside - although I could work whenever I wanted to, I was so overloaded that I had to work all the time. I covered a territory well beyond my abilities, experience, or training, and that was the norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementI suggest considering the work loads of your salespeople before doing more 'reductions in force' or 'streamlining'. A company can only work so lean. Bring back the support staff, reduce the complexity of the compensation model, and let your salespeople do what it does best - SELL.

I am not paid well but then again I do not have to succeed to keep my job

Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

I have been working at JDSU

Pros: No micromanagement. Great work/life balance. Cons: Low salary. Annual reviews result in no pay increase. Each… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not recommend for recent graduate. Recommend for people who get married & has a child.

Engineer (Current Employee) Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

I have been working at JDSU full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work life balance. If you want your life easier, come here. You don't need to have much skills but can earn… Cons: Recent graduate please stay away from this company, they do not offer any career development here. Management positions are occupied… Advice to Senior Management: As JDSU is keep expanding and acquiring other companies, please hire someone who can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on JDSU.

Worked for JDSU? Contribute to the Community!