JDSU

www.jdsu.com

We know our jobs so let us do them!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Robbinsville, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Pros

They let us keep our Union and our Union benefits.
We get to run plant during management meetings.

Cons

Management has meetings all day to plan next meeting.
Engineers call all the shots and buy parts that waste money.

Start asking the operators help with problems not just engineers who do not run the product.
We know our job!

Other reviews for JDSU

Improving focus and financial performance

Pros

Some very talented people, a lot of great technology. Current senior managment seems to be making progress. Good opportunties in the test and measurement portion of the business. Company seems to have survived the recession and has been doing better financially. Important because it stopped 401K contribution, raises and bonuses. Stock price has really taken off this year, so maybe market is also viewing JDS Uniphase prospects favorably.

Cons

Too focused on acquisitions, which it does not do well, instead of internal development. Many of these companies seem to do poorly after the acquisistion. Exception has been the Acterna acquistion. Company is fragmented and Corporate seems to focus on only one part of the business. It had been the fiber optic business. Now the focus seems to be entirely on the test and measurement business.

Unify the company or break it up.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Engineer in Louisville, CO

Pros

Shortly after acquiring our company, JDSU was quite diligent in making sure that we had sufficient training to use their tools and software.

Cons

Our local site management was good. Unfortunately, the direction and leadership that we received from the corporate office were very bad. I had the impression that the corporate office didn't see us as anything other than a cost center and they handled us poorly at that. Costly decisions were mandated from corporate that were extremely wasteful and seemed to be doomed to failure. Inputs from our local leaders to improve a process or minimize risk seemed to just bounce off corporate.

Spend more time visiting the remote sites and have a real clear idea of what is happening there prior to making decisions that will implact or require the buy-in from these sites.

There are newer employer reviews for JDSU.

Worked for JDSU? Contribute to the Community!