There are newer employer reviews for JDSU

JDSU is successfully coming back.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at JDSU

Pros

The Indianapolis location has a strong corporate culture and encourages the free exchange of ideas. Benefits are generally good and overtime is not too frequent. This particular location is small enough that you can easily interact with other divisions and groups but large enough that you don't have to juggle multiple roles. The ability to get out of the office and actually visit the customers both nationally and internationally turns out to be a nice perk. Increasing your personal skill set through expos, conferences and courses is strongly encouraged.

Cons

Pay scale, while appropriate for the area, is lower than what you might find nationally. Benefits could be slightly better, particularly when it comes to vacation/sick leave. Sometimes hard to pull in fresh faces in the midwest. Always under scrutiny from the investors so budgets get tight at times.

This company has done a great job of turning itself around. Continue to fund and foster innovation throughout the divisions to keep things going well.

171 Other Employee Reviews for JDSU (View Most Recent)

Overworked, but flexible

Former Employee - Channel Manager  in  Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Channel Manager in Richardson, TX

I worked at JDSU

Pros

The best reason to work at JSDU was the flexibility to make my own hours, and leave work whenever and whyever I needed to. No one clocked me in or out, and as long as I got my work done, no one minded what I was up to.

Cons

The main downside is directly related to the upside - although I could work whenever I wanted to, I was so overloaded that I had to work all the time. I covered a territory well beyond my abilities, experience, or training, and that was the norm.

I suggest considering the work loads of your salespeople before doing more 'reductions in force' or 'streamlining'. A company can only work so lean. Bring back the support staff, reduce the complexity of the compensation model, and let your salespeople do what it does best - SELL.

I am not paid well but then again I do not have to succeed to keep my job

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable  in  Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at JDSU

Pros

No micromanagement. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Low salary. Annual reviews result in no pay increase. Each department works in a silo.

Invest in your employees

There are newer employer reviews for JDSU

Worked for JDSU? Contribute to the Community!