JDSU
www.jdsu.com Milpitas, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Average (on average). Fun products to develop; poor opportunities to learn.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at JDSU

ProsThe pay is descent, the work/life balance is good. Coworkers are fun.

ConsOpportunities to learn from one another aren't very good nor is there any sponsored training to stay with the cutting edge. Instead there is training for the mundane which really an engineer should be able to figure out on their own (e.g. how to use the email program).

The feel from upper management is that they do not care about the employee. They want to know what they can get from us rather than what they can do for us (or at least provide incentive to work hard). Morale is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to trust their lower management more. They seem to seek scapegoats rather than accept responsibility on their part. They have driven away good people and are continuing to do so.

Stay away from HR at JDSU

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Milpitas, CA

I worked at JDSU

Pros: For the most part the people at JDSU are very nice. People are willing to help you if you need it. There is also good… Cons: Unfortunately, HR management doesn't know what they are doing and isn't very competent. HR for HR also hasn't supported individuals as they should. Additionally,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It is a great company to work for.

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
Milpitas, CA

I have been working at JDSU

Pros: Challenging work atmosphere. You are given freedom to try new things Good… Cons: Very stressful work atmosphere Too many management changes Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on JDSU.

Worked for JDSU? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JDSU reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JDSU CEO Thomas Waechter. All reviews posted anonymously by JDSU employees.