JEA
www.jea.com Jacksonville, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

JEA

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

ProsVery family oriented atmosphere with an excellent pension plan. Easy to balance out life and work due to the flexible hours. A lot of good people who look to work there their entire career. Not too stressful as long as you do your job. Excellent place to work for.

ConsMay take a while for a raises and promotions. People hired from the outside may be brought in at a higher pay than someone whose been there a lot longer with a lot more experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor some managers - Do not micromanage your employees. Treat them as professionals giving them the benefit of the doubt to be able to produce at their position.

Good place to work as long as you are not in any management position after Oct 2012.

Front Line Management (Former Employee)

I worked at JEA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great rank and file staff, very competent and really care about providing effective and efficient service to the customers. Fair pay and… Cons: The new executive leadership team has made some questionable decisions that may create an atmosphere that will bring very high rates to the customers. … Advice to Senior Management: The appointed board should thoroughly review the leadership’s direction and pay attention to the company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Well Recognized as a top employer and always in the media

Customer Care Consultant Call Center (Former Employee)

I worked at JEA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Stability as an employer, Union protection, Job promotions exist, Recognized by local citizens as a good paying employer, Once hired there are years of internal professional development, Easy to… Cons: Internal and external political challenges as a government organization The multiple unions often make it easier on the employees to say certain job duties are not… Advice to Senior Management: Work in tandem with the JEA Board to improve the community JEA serves to become the best utility provider in the country Management and employees take… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on JEA.

Worked for JEA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JEA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JEA CEO Paul McElroy. All reviews posted anonymously by JEA employees.