There are newer employer reviews for JEOL USA

On average, a good place to work

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Peabody, MA
Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Peabody, MA

I have been working at JEOL USA

Pros

The employee benefits especially health coverage are historically quite good. The company is very customer-focused. The company tries to maintain a special "JEOL family" culture among the employees.

Cons

The dual Japanese-American management can create enormous confusion at times. Very little transparency and communication with upper management. Most employees are kept in the dark about corporate operations.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to figure out how to really communicate with the employees. It seems that much of this is now delegated to HR dept. Actions do speak louder than words.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Wonder place of business

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at JEOL USA

Pros

The benefits are outstanding. JEOL pays out of pocket for health coverage. They don't use a health insurance company. The weekend before I was hired my son went into the emergency room, we weren't covered yet. I asked if they would cover the bill, they said no problem. What company does this nowadays?

Cons

Lots of travel. This is a Japanese company which has its downsides. The factory will not redesign something out of respect for the original designer.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Management is doing great. Please keep our benefits in tact and don't raise the cost of our co-pay.

2. Great small company.

I have been working at JEOL USA

Pros

They make it feel like a family. JEOL offers good benefits the pay is ok but the management really cares about keeping good employees.

Cons

The pay could be better and advancement is kind of limited. Starting to not feel as much like a small company anymore.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of making every employee feel at home. The review process is starting to feel less like a small company and more like a large company.