There are newer employer reviews for JG Wentworth

BEST COMPANY IN THE UNIVERSE

Former Employee - Account Executive
Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at JG Wentworth full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They're a caring company with a high moral character. "Consummate professionalism" is this classy place's motto. If sexual harassment, shady anti-competitive practices, and manipulating desperate people is your thing - you've found the right place!

Cons

We should take a higher amount of people's settlement money. Let them eat cake...

Advice to Management

Maybe diversify into arms dealing with African warlords since that field shares a common moral fabric.

reviews filtered by
  1. Terrible

I have been working at JG Wentworth

Pros

No pros at all except maybe the people.

Cons

Worst place to work in Philly

2. 877 Cash-Lie ... No Transparency Nor Trust From Mgmt Regarding "Opportunity Desk"

Former Employee - Opportunity Desk Executive in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Opportunity Desk Executive in Radnor, PA

I worked at JG Wentworth full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Well kept building / offices, 'laid back' business casual dress code, livable wage/benefit package(s), hustle/bustle atmosphere, free bagels on Fridays, some 'festive' events. HDTV's that might air a football game or two for evening shifts workers.

Cons

As to the company as a whole, I respect their hopes of growing and capitalizing on new markets. I honestly do wish them well to emerge. However, the people running the venture completely showed true colors from June 2014 to my final days (voluntarily quitting). The specific department I (along w/ about 11 others) were put in had to endure the most professional frustration that few others in America have to put up with.

We were hired for this department called 'the Opportunity Desk'....

1. It had no function. At all. It was advertised as a customer service rep. role but the truth to the matter was, it was Not customer service in the least bit. JG Wentworth and Peachtree's call centers would dump/filter calls from the numbskull audiences watching day-time TV who MISINTERPRETED JGW/Peachtree as a loan company... down to us to deal with... In fact, there are some people who think the companies give away money for free. And so...the chief marketing officer/and other big-wigs orchestrated this experimental department, but they had no outcomes established for the workers. Thus, no function.

2. By no function, I mean our job was to ask people for basic contact information to document to 'put in the system' when there was nothing that officially confirmed them into the database. We were told to lie to people saying a ''lender'' was to assist the caller in about 30-45 days from June to early 2015...no such lender existed until March. In consequence, callers would CALL BACK yelling at us. Mgmt. really did NOT have a clue how to approach this, nor did mgmt care.

3. Mgmt's transparency. . not trust-worthy. Cliques running the show, complacency, and corruption all in one package. If you voice concerns to a certain HR rep, she'd give you a dirty look/put you in the cross-hairs. Mgmt cared more about painting the walls/decorating the building than the welfare of their own employees... a certain mgr of mine would also cancel meetings constantly, like it was nothing. I understand 1 or 2 canceled mtgs here/there, but to shun an entire department is by definition unprofessional. This manager had the audacity to even play on her phone DURING a MEETING. Please, take your Selfies/Instagram lifestyle back to your local Starbucks.

4. Corporate leadership. The moment I asked the new CEO matters revolving around the Opportunity Desk/ the company losing potential customers due to the legal lying we were tied to, his complacent answer of patting me on the back , "Don't worry, you'll see soon.." was the nail in the coffin.

5. They'll concoct reasons to fire you. Luckily, like I said, I voluntarily quit.

If you want to work somewhere that's like N.Korea meets Animal House, be my guest.

Advice to Management

Have the regular-Joe employees give evaluations of mgmt. Just because you're young, pretty, and likely can glamorize yourself to win the men over---doesn't mean you're a competent mgr. And get rid of the ones who break the law, too, like a certain mgr who was ''suspended'' , but not fired. Clearly there's favoritism and no objective decision-making.

There are newer employer reviews for JG Wentworth