BEST COMPANY IN THE UNIVERSE

Former Employee - Account Executive
Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at JG Wentworth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They're a caring company with a high moral character. "Consummate professionalism" is this classy place's motto. If sexual harassment, shady anti-competitive practices, and manipulating desperate people is your thing - you've found the right place!

Cons

We should take a higher amount of people's settlement money. Let them eat cake...

Advice to Management

Maybe diversify into arms dealing with African warlords since that field shares a common moral fabric.

Other Employee Reviews for JG Wentworth

1. Used to be fun

I worked at JG Wentworth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Fairly free-wheeling workplace, good place to go if you want to earn some decent money.

Cons

Hints of favoritism, but I suppose that happens everywhere...a lot of pressure to put in unpaid hours that don't really get you anywhere besides appearances.

Advice to Management

A little more pay for what reps deal with would be nice, and relax on working for appearances.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I worked at JG Wentworth (More than a year)

Pros

My department actually had incredible improvements during the time I was employed with JG Wentworth. The talent grew, the processes improved and our deliverables improved. I felt satisfied with my compensation although others did not. I felt the top management of our department is one of the few in the company that was actually more than competent, and pushed the company forward.

Cons

The company as a whole is run so poorly. Operations are terrible, employee morale in operations departments are terrible. Money is spent in the wrong areas and the wrong people are hired. As heard on the last stockholders conference call, its fairly obvious that leaders in operations and the A-level executives do not know what they are doing. The precipitous drop in stock price shows. The business model as a whole does not provide much benefit to society as a whole, and there is no growth at all in the core structured settlements business. "Grow the Core" is a laughable statement. The only way to do so when you already have a predominant market share in a niche financial instrument is to stretch the boundaries of morality and profitability. This has also been shown. You never hear anything about the company doing any sorts of charitable works because the executive team doesn't care about anything or anybody besides hanging on to their corner offices. Also, with the new regime, JG Wentworth has been trying to re-brand itself to employees as a top place to work, yet it's draconian policies, culture based on favoritism and misogyny, and employee morale says differently. There are a ton of back office, behind your back sniping on other people in the company (and even in the same department). The people within the company with the talent to jump ship into better opportunities are beginning to do so, and I believe this will continue until all that is left is a shell of a public company barely hanging on.