There are newer employer reviews for JMA Energy

Good starting point...

Former Employee - Accounting in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Accounting in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at JMA Energy

Pros

You do learn how the oil and gas industry works and the terminology. The benefits and pay are competitive with other oil and gas companies. Half day Friday’s in the summer (depending on your position within the company). They do keep snacks in the buildings and you get your own office, door and all. There are some really good people working there.

Cons

There is not any room for promotions or company growth. Very little trust by management in their employees. Management has a hard time making decisions; you will find yourself stuck in the middle of managers who disagree. Company seems to be stuck in the past when women’s roles included secretarial type of work. Company is very behind on technology so lots of manual work which could/can be done using software. Employees are kept in the dark so you never know what's going on.

Train your employees which allows you to trust their work and if you don’t trust the work explain why you don’t. Keep an open mind to change… not all change is bad. Don’t get caught up on the small things because you lose sight of the big picture. Have companywide (meaning everyone not only managers) quarterly meetings so employees know the goals and financial standings of the company as a whole. It’s hard to meet the company goals when they are kept a secret. Managers learn how to delegate work and how to work with people. If you say you are going to do something do it, and stand up for your employees don’t toss them under the bus. Overall treat your employees the way you would want to be treated regardless of their position.

reviews filtered by
  1. Now they tell me I shouldn't work there!

Former Employee - Geologist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Geologist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at JMA Energy

Pros

$$, some people liked the half day fridays in the summer, we could wear shorts for the summer, some people liked the year round freezing offices. We were allowed to have heaters in our office. We were usually allowed to pick any needed supplies out of the supply catalog. We had sodas and snacks provided by the company but those were regulalry threatened to be taken away becuse some people were eating and drinking too much in their eyes. The office is very nice, but not insulated. Midfirst Bank and a dentist is within walking distance of the business. .

Cons

Management is untrusting, your work is presented witout you or your knowledge, people are let go out of the blue, no one is allowed to talk about those people that have been told to leave, everyone was being watched, personnel was never to be trusted with confidential information.

Be less concerned with appearances and more concerned with substance. Include more than one person in every decision.

There are newer employer reviews for JMA Energy