Cut throat atmosphere

I worked at JR Simplot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are well above other employers in area.

Cons

Since announcing the closure of plants and consolidating to a new plant, the environment is dog eat dog. Only loyalty through the food group is to one self. It appears that management's terminating of employees is rewarded. The company disregards job experience for education. If you are not yes man, expect to have file being created to fire you.

Advice to Management

Firing employees prior to plant shut downs require training employees for short duration. This is does not seem to be a very cost effective investment.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I've never been treated with such disrespect.

I worked at JR Simplot

Pros

It is a large company with good stability. I was drawn to Simplot for the change to move up the corporate ladder and start a life long career.

Cons

Management is inept. While some people are promoted from inside the company, skill sets are not examined before the promotion. I was unfortunately placed in a department of people who did not respect their manager or co-workers. The training I received was half-assed. Senior management let middle management do whatever they pleased without any oversight. This eventually led to me leaving the company. I would suggest strongly researching the position your applying for. Simplot is an EXTREMELY corporate environment down to the tiniest detail with managers who should probably not be managers running the daily operations.

Advice to Management

Take a more active role in what middle management is doing. This would save time and money with training new employees. A lot of processes are redundant and an unneeded. Make sure the training is given in a thorough manner and not as if the trainer is in a race to finish.

2. Good Company

I worked at JR Simplot

Pros

Very stress free place to work. Good hours and when you want time off you get it. Flexible employer to work for.

Cons

Moving up is possible but the tend to hire from outside too often. Even if your in the same department, have good reviews, and good relationships with co workers they tend to look outside. Pay is low compared to similar companies.

Advice to Management

Look at the employees you currently have. Often times they are more capable than the employees you are bringing in with no experience in the company.