Corporate HR needs to talk to the employees rather than believing what the local HR Manager is telling them.

I have been working at JR Simplot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Benefits
Great Co-workers
Family-owned company with family values

Cons

Lower than average wages when compared with other mining and manufacturing businesses in the same geographical area.
Corporate upper management needs to communicate with the employees and take their complaints seriously rather than relying on only what the managers tell them.

Take employee complaints seriously and spend some time talking to the employees one-on-one. There are real concerns at the Rock Springs location ranging from safety violations to unethical and unfair employment practices. Your local managers are only telling you what they want you to hear.

Other Reviews for JR Simplot

Cut throat atmosphere

I worked at JR Simplot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are well above other employers in area.

Cons

Since announcing the closure of plants and consolidating to a new plant, the environment is dog eat dog. Only loyalty through the food group is to one self. It appears that management's terminating of employees is rewarded. The company disregards job experience for education. If you are not yes man, expect to have file being created to fire you.

Firing employees prior to plant shut downs require training employees for short duration. This is does not seem to be a very cost effective investment.

I've never been treated with such disrespect.

I worked at JR Simplot

Pros

It is a large company with good stability. I was drawn to Simplot for the change to move up the corporate ladder and start a life long career.

Cons

Management is inept. While some people are promoted from inside the company, skill sets are not examined before the promotion. I was unfortunately placed in a department of people who did not respect their manager or co-workers. The training I received was half-assed. Senior management let middle management do whatever they pleased without any oversight. This eventually led to me leaving the company. I would suggest strongly researching the position your applying for. Simplot is an EXTREMELY corporate environment down to the tiniest detail with managers who should probably not be managers running the daily operations.

Take a more active role in what middle management is doing. This would save time and money with training new employees. A lot of processes are redundant and an unneeded. Make sure the training is given in a thorough manner and not as if the trainer is in a race to finish.

There are newer employer reviews for JR Simplot.

Worked for JR Simplot? Contribute to the Community!