JR Simplot
www.simplot.com Boise, ID 5000+ Employees

If you like to work at a place that lives 10 years behind the curve and makes slow decisions, come here!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros1) The one bright spot I see for Simplot is Garrett Lofto. At my time he is/was the President of the Agribusiness division. He is articulate, smart and has a vision. Unfortunately, he is so disconnected from his plant locations and working on his vision that he needs to cut some heads. Garrett needs to develop a pipeline for the younger educated employees or he will lose them all.
2) Everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
3) Strong safety culture.
4) They will invest in training for you if you can prove the need.

Cons1) It takes a miracle for employees to get fired from here; hence, Garrett’s problem. If there is a stronger word for complacent, insert it as the Simplot motto.
2) Family ran business = stupid decisions repeatedly.
3) Terrible HR at corporate level. When I am explaining to them why they need a ROTH 401k to keep younger employees you have MAJOR issues.
4) They created an environment 30 years ago where they promoted people based on who knows what. Now they are capping other employees because they do not meet the educational requirements. It's a two faced system that upsets a lot of great and loyal employees.
5) Retention rate is high and they boast that, but, for younger employees under 30 its terrible!
6) If your on the manufacturing side the locations are in the middle of nowhere. Unless you like to hunt and fish I would say promotion in Simplot is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGarrett needs to clean house in HR and in upper level manufcaturign mangement to get new ideas and blood in there.

Stable, focused company

Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Othello, WA

I have been working at JR Simplot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The company has a strong foundation, has a clear strategy… Cons: Many jobs are at plants and require shift work at some point in order to gain experience and move up. It can be difficult to… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate needs to find a way to "re-tool" the culture at the plant level. A… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Simplot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at JR Simplot full-time

Pros: If you fit in, you're golden. The benefits are… Cons: Some departments much better than the others. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on JR Simplot.

Worked for JR Simplot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JR Simplot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JR Simplot CEO Scott Simplot. All reviews posted anonymously by JR Simplot employees.