There are newer employer reviews for JR Simplot

Family business with career longevity

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor  in  Lathrop, CA
Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Lathrop, CA

I have been working at JR Simplot full-time for more than a year

Pros

career longevity, will invest to further training, can move up quickly if motivated.

Cons

Long hours, needs more accountability for those who never complete task.

I am seeing a change continue to drive innovation and hold accountable those who are assigned important task.

30 Other Employee Reviews for JR Simplot (View Most Recent)

it became a very hostile department

Former Employee - Accounting Tech II  in  Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Accounting Tech II in Boise, ID

I worked at JR Simplot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

JR Simplot is a good company,

Cons

Working in the accounts payable department for a very long time, new management and supervisors are very unprofessional letting the dept get out of control

Stop the hostility and get supervisors in there that understand the different personalities, and do not let favored employees get away with there drama

If you like to work at a place that lives 10 years behind the curve and makes slow decisions, come here!

I worked at JR Simplot full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) The one bright spot I see for Simplot is Garrett Lofto. At my time he is/was the President of the Agribusiness division. He is articulate, smart and has a vision. Unfortunately, he is so disconnected from his plant locations and working on his vision that he needs to cut some heads. Garrett needs to develop a pipeline for the younger educated employees or he will lose them all.
    2) Everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
    3) Strong safety culture.
    4) They will invest in training for you if you can prove the need.

Cons

1) It takes a miracle for employees to get fired from here; hence, Garrett’s problem. If there is a stronger word for complacent, insert it as the Simplot motto.
    2) Family ran business = stupid decisions repeatedly.
    3) Terrible HR at corporate level. When I am explaining to them why they need a ROTH 401k to keep younger employees you have MAJOR issues.
    4) They created an environment 30 years ago where they promoted people based on who knows what. Now they are capping other employees because they do not meet the educational requirements. It's a two faced system that upsets a lot of great and loyal employees.
    5) Retention rate is high and they boast that, but, for younger employees under 30 its terrible!
    6) If your on the manufacturing side the locations are in the middle of nowhere. Unless you like to hunt and fish I would say promotion in Simplot is non-existent.

Garrett needs to clean house in HR and in upper level manufcaturign mangement to get new ideas and blood in there.

There are newer employer reviews for JR Simplot

Worked for JR Simplot? Contribute to the Community!