There are newer employer reviews for JT3

Safety with JT3

Former Employee - ES&H II  in  North Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - ES&H II in North Las Vegas, NV

I worked at JT3

Pros

JT3 corporate and at each of the Annexes take safety seriously. Annex II (Las Vegas) has a great safety program and is supported by the top level of management.

Cons

Having the military as a customer was not that great. They have Quality Assurance "Engineers" that "supervisor" contractor involvement. Problem is, they have no specialty in the field they are "supervising".

I don't know that there is any advice to give. Working with and for JT3 was great with the exception of the military civilians that were pretending to know what they are doing.

20 Other Employee Reviews for JT3 (View Most Recent)

A really bad place to work!

Current Employee - Field Engineer  in  Edwards AFB, CA
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Edwards AFB, CA

I have been working at JT3

Pros

It is a good place to work if you aren't marketable and can't get anything else.

Cons

Long hours, no sick days (you have to use vacation days for sick time)
    Laughable 401K program.

Hire some competent middle management. Don't rely on a military background for a predictor of success or even management ability.

Look into some of the nepotism that is going on. It really hurts morale!

Low employee morale, high turnover rates, and poor performance plague a company with terrible managers at every level

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at JT3

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at JT3. Go to a real defense contractor for real work and a decent job. Take my advice and stay as far away from this company as possible for your well being.

Cons

Terrible hours, low pay, terrible management both senior and mid-level. Employee morale is about as low as you can get. Some of the worst benefits in the industry. You'll get 10 days vacation per year until you're in 5 years. A bad health insurance package through Aetna too. They brag about offering "comp" time, but when you work extra hours to earn it. management won't let you use it. The senior management will not support company policies and the initiatives led by all the one man groups of the company like HR, safety, etc. The turnover rate is the highest I've seen at any company in this industry. I had 5 different supervisors, four different program managers, and two department managers in a period of three years. Most of the people in my department quit the company to take much better jobs elsewhere. There are good people that work at JT3 and for whatever reason are stuck there. Most of the employees stay there because they couldn't get a job anywhere else. The management of the company is leading them down the road of losing the contract with poorer and poorer results every successive year. The main reason for this is that JT3 cares nothing about their employees, and it shows with low employee morale, high turnover rates, and poor performance.

I'd take a long time considering why everyone in management is a former officer in the military. The ring clicking, buddy system only creates an atmosphere of yes men with no technical expertise associated with the work at hand. All of the design and development work that is done on contract requires scientists and engineers who acutally understand the concepts and components involved with the work. The mid level management in the company have no clue how to accomplish many of the tasks performed by the employees, and they care little about their employees' well being.

There are newer employer reviews for JT3

Worked for JT3? Contribute to the Community!