Jabian Consulting

www.jabian.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jabian Consulting

Great corporate culture and opportunity to take ownership for career

I have been working at Jabian Consulting

Pros

Challenging work with Atlanta based clients
Opportunity to get involved in growing the company (BizDev, Recruiting, Service Offerings)
Great culture and place to work - surrounded by other smart, motivated people

Cons

Not as much structure provided as with some competitors - this can be difficult at times for those that prefer highly strucured environments
Environment not for people that just want to focus on client delivery. There are many other entrepreneurial tasks associated with working at Jabian that require additional time, but work/life balance is still prioritized.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Jabian Consulting (View Most Recent)

Jabian Is Truly A Great Place To Work

I have been working at Jabian Consulting

Pros

Jabian is a fast-growing (2 awards), best-place-to-work (4 awards), Atlanta-based consulting company. I have been with the company for a number of years and am very happy with my career here.

Ownership – Because Jabian is a small but quickly growing company employees of all ranks are encouraged to take a personal stake in the success of the company (and are compensated for their actions). I personally have been involved in business development, community programs, & philanthropic activities; and I know that my colleagues have also taken a stake in the firm.

Community – Jabian is heavily involved in both the local business and philanthropic communities - from being involved with the Technology Association of Georgia as well as over a dozen charities as part of Jabian Cares, a 501(c)3 organization. From a social perspective the firm hosts monthly "Jabian Happenings" meetings that are designed to bring the team together, and the company also holds several annual events including a picnic in Piedmont Park, Steeplechase Day at Callaway Gardens, Braves Day, and the famous Holiday Party.

Growth – Since I joined a few years ago Jabian has more than tripled in size. This growth has enabled individuals to grow their career at an accelerated pace. The firm is a little over 5 years old and currently has ~50 employees. Since its inception the firm has had a churn rate of ~2% annually.

Balance – The three partners at Jabian care about their employees and seek to make the company a balanced work/live environment. This is something unique within the consulting industry, as very few firms place a serious commitment on not burning out their consultants.

All that being said, the best single thing about Jabian is the people. Never have I been around such a smart, friendly, cooperative group of individuals. At many consulting companies the people tend to compete with one another, which quickly degrades the culture. At Jabian because so many people are friends outside of work, the work atmosphere is very relaxed, friendly, and cooperative. We truly are all on the same team, and thus far the team has been winning quite a lot.

Cons

To be honest, I don't have any real 'cons'; however, having come from a larger consulting firm it did take me a little bit to get used to the clients that Jabian deals with. What I've found is that larger firms tend to have larger clients, which have big complex problems that require dozens (or more) consultants to fix. At Jabian we tend to work with smaller clients which have smaller (but also complex) problems that require a much smaller team of consultants to fix. As a result, I have found that my assignments are typically shorter and/or that I have a larger piece of the project that I am responsible for. Personally I enjoy this very much, but for the consultant who is very specialized and only likes to do one thing it is something to consider.

Lack of diversity in thought and leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Jabian Consulting

Pros

Friendly junior staff
    No travel
    Local clients with interesting business challenges

Cons

There is a lack of diversity in thought and leadership. The partners and senior leaders are arrogant and condescending. The client base is extremely limited and your opportunities to work on different types of projects are limited. Employees are "encouraged" to write glowing reviews for Consulting Magazine to meet bonus targets. The performance review process is a joke.

Tone down the arrogance and treat all employees with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Jabian Consulting