There are newer employer reviews for Jabil

HIgh paced environment offering new challenge on a daily basis.

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Jabil as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Ever changing environment with visibility into new customers on a regular basis. Each program and product offers unique challenges that are stimulating and fun. Opportunity to work in globally diverse environment with employees around the world

Cons

Advancement can be difficult if you are not a part of the right group. Organizational structure is consistently changing so it can be difficult to find out who is responsible for what. Manufacturing is like the mail, it never stops. Get used to it and learn how to run your life around it and you'll be fine. Be careful not to be run in the ground as people flock to the producers and can quickly swamp an employee with requests and actively seek out ways to extend responsibilities. A good manager understands this and will protect you.

Advice to Management

The purse strings are always tight and never seem to get loosened. The competitive nature of the environment can get overwhelming without positive encouragement and the opportunity for advancement. Lastly consider what you are measuring performance on and make sure it is directly tied to the companies success as many of the metrics collected are a good way to manage department success however, do not reflect directly to an individuals talents.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you enjoy chaos, abundant stress and daily put-downs this is the place for you.

Former Employee - Front End in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Front End in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Jabil full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get to wear jeans to the office.

Cons

Disorganized, poor training, sweat shop

Advice to Management

This used to be a great place to work but the culture and environment became dark and "every man for himself". When I worked there I was cautioned to communicate primarily by email so I would have proof in the event I had to defend myself. They always touted "team spirit" but there was no team I wanted to be on. Workload required 12 hour days, 6-7 days per week which I suppose would be great if you don't have a family and if you're hourly- getting paid overtime. And the HR dept was full of the shadiest people in the building.

2. Worked to death for $11per hour

Current Employee - Electromechanical Assembler in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Electromechanical Assembler in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Jabil full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work load was easy, will hire mindless people, if you stay in line and don't ask questions no one will say anything to you(could be good or bad).

Cons

NO consideration for students, at least one year probation period, never ending overtime, no communication between management and workers. Weird pay schedule allowing them to work you 40 hours in three days and give you the rest of the week off without over time pay.