Corporate sold us out

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, good benefits, salary, pto.

Cons

Corporate sold all the stores to franchise with worse everything listed above.

Advice to Management

Care about employees ans reward hard dedicated workers.

Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box

1. company can't decide where they are going

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Clean environment, devoted customer base, good food, decent pay, decent benefits, you will do well if you can play the politics,

Cons

Lack of direction, constantly changing standard, corporate doesn't have a clue on restaurant procedures, new equipment doesn't seem like it is tested well, procedures are dificult and cumbersome

Advice to Management

quit firing the people who actually know what they are doing to hire newer cheaper people without a clue. The marketing campaign is not working get some better people. This used to be a great company its sad what the new regime has done to it.

2. Too Dramatic, and Menacing Supervision.

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Time flies - when it's a busy day, it won't be long before the shift ends. Plus, there tends to be easygoing hours, not to mention it's very quick to catch up on.

Cons

I'm not sure if it was the store itself, but there were so many days that it's utterly packed it would be scary. Not to mention the silly more-than-what-should-exist drama that emanated in there - the manager and the one before had such preferences/biased statements to the point all cashiers would have lack of hours, yet get still called in off-hours due to shortage. (I mean come on, what kind of manager are you if you can't even get the entire schedule fixed up nicely?) Not to mention the lines we HAVE to say in order to "have more hours"... not very pleasant in everyone's favors. Plus a waste of time.

Advice to Management

If we have a certain "time" to beat handing out orders, then don't make us say "How is our service today?" to our guests - it kills our time to hear opinions, not to mention it makes this company have a desperate image - ESPECIALLY if our actual hours LITERALLY depend on it. ONE MORE THING: for the love of customers, if you wanna keep employees, then for crying out loud, get the recorded hours right - the fact that I have to take photographic proof that I haven't been getting the proper pay for the amount of hours I REALLY have been working, not to mention having to record a document of such as well, is truly something that isn't good at all in your image. Sincerely, a very grumpy worker of a 50+tacos/hour store.