There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

Used to be a great place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good work / life balance, good coworkers.

Cons

Company undergoing restructuring due to business model change, lots of uncertainty. Majority of high level executives relatively new and do not value long term employees.

Good luck.

reviews filtered by

Worked at the legal department at the HQ offices, great company with friendly people as co-workers

Former Contractor - Performance Effectiveness Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Performance Effectiveness Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Jack in the Box restaurant test kitchen for the employees to eat at a discount. Corporate gym that included free exercise classes. Employee lounge had big screen TV's, comfy Lazy-Boy chairs and video games to play.

Cons

stressful with deadlines that were often impossible to reach

smile more and bring Jack out to company functions for photo ops with the employees and their families

2. Too Dramatic, and Menacing Supervision.

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Time flies - when it's a busy day, it won't be long before the shift ends. Plus, there tends to be easygoing hours, not to mention it's very quick to catch up on.

Cons

I'm not sure if it was the store itself, but there were so many days that it's utterly packed it would be scary. Not to mention the silly more-than-what-should-exist drama that emanated in there - the manager and the one before had such preferences/biased statements to the point all cashiers would have lack of hours, yet get still called in off-hours due to shortage. (I mean come on, what kind of manager are you if you can't even get the entire schedule fixed up nicely?) Not to mention the lines we HAVE to say in order to "have more hours"... not very pleasant in everyone's favors. Plus a waste of time.

If we have a certain "time" to beat handing out orders, then don't make us say "How is our service today?" to our guests - it kills our time to hear opinions, not to mention it makes this company have a desperate image - ESPECIALLY if our actual hours LITERALLY depend on it. ONE MORE THING: for the love of customers, if you wanna keep employees, then for crying out loud, get the recorded hours right - the fact that I have to take photographic proof that I haven't been getting the proper pay for the amount of hours I REALLY have been working, not to mention having to record a document of such as well, is truly something that isn't good at all in your image. Sincerely, a very grumpy worker of a 50+tacos/hour store.

There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box