There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

This job can be a great tool for a different career or a great career in itself.

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Goodyear, AZ
Current Employee - Team Leader in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

Advancement for those willing and able to do their jobs correctly and efficiently.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times when a rush hits and your team and you are not meeting goals or expectations.

Listen to the employees more, they have good ideas. Also make sure they are taken care of, your turnover rates and store performance directly depend on how well you treat your employees.

200 Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box (View Most Recent)

SOOO many changes - is it time to jump ship?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

--Leadership is trying to cultivate a culture of "fun, excellence, agility, simplicity, and trust", while bringing the company into budgetary alignment in regards to being now 80% franchised
    --Every other Friday off

Cons

--Low pay, many layoffs/early retirements
    --Very low morale
    --No career ladder

--more transparent communication, and more often
    --bring salaries into alignment with San Diego norms
    --initiate a Leadership Development program, illuminating career advancement/paths
    --drop the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" mentality. Obsolete is worse than broken. If it's obsolete, fix it. If it takes 10 hours to do here, when other companies can do it in 2, fix it.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Castaic, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Castaic, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time for less than a year

Pros

Tough economy--at least I was able to make some money.

Cons

Management was terrible. I quit after about two weeks--a month. Management trained their emplyees to disregard almost every regulation set into place by OSHA and the health department. Would get mad at me for "not being efficient enough" when I would stop to wash my hands without being asked (even though I had touched something nasty that would clearly require me to wash up) and tried charging me money for my final paycheck. They also would say extremely rude, demeaning things if you didn't understand what you were being asked to do. Also didn't train properly--they sat me in the back for about a week to watch videos on how to prepare the food, but then they just randomly threw me on as a cashier without training me whatsoever on how to do my job. That being said, they almost fired me for not doing my job properly.

Treat your employees with some dignity! I get it, it's fast food. It isn't exactly the most glorious thing in the world. But we're still human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

Worked for Jack in the Box? Contribute to the Community!