Jack in the Box

www.jackinthebox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

Your experience will depend on your fellow employees

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, discounts, and clean environment.

Cons

Not a good place for teens or college students.
Very judgement employees.
Rude customers.

I am a college student that is working part-time, and it is very discouraging when people that have been working for years at Jack in the box make new employees feel like they are idiots. I am the only college student, and the others make it seem like only working 6 hours a week is a bad thing. I am aware of the fact that many people do depend on jobs like these to support their families, but it is not right single out people who are seeking out a higher education.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box (View Most Recent)

This job can be a great tool for a different career or a great career in itself.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Advancement for those willing and able to do their jobs correctly and efficiently.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times when a rush hits and your team and you are not meeting goals or expectations.

Listen to the employees more, they have good ideas. Also make sure they are taken care of, your turnover rates and store performance directly depend on how well you treat your employees.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Cashier in Castaic, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Castaic, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tough economy--at least I was able to make some money.

Cons

Management was terrible. I quit after about two weeks--a month. Management trained their emplyees to disregard almost every regulation set into place by OSHA and the health department. Would get mad at me for "not being efficient enough" when I would stop to wash my hands without being asked (even though I had touched something nasty that would clearly require me to wash up) and tried charging me money for my final paycheck. They also would say extremely rude, demeaning things if you didn't understand what you were being asked to do. Also didn't train properly--they sat me in the back for about a week to watch videos on how to prepare the food, but then they just randomly threw me on as a cashier without training me whatsoever on how to do my job. That being said, they almost fired me for not doing my job properly.

Treat your employees with some dignity! I get it, it's fast food. It isn't exactly the most glorious thing in the world. But we're still human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box