Jack in the Box

www.jackinthebox.com
  www.jackinthebox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

I only worked at jack in the Box because I needed money.

Former Employee - Team Leader
Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have the satisfaction of making the customer happy and you're able to expand your network. I have received tips from regular customers and a few business cards from customers. Ocassionally you have a fun time working with your co-workers and making new friends.

Cons

The employees are overworked when it is busy. You are expected to do too much on your own and deliver fast service. You do not get recognized for your acheivements very often. If you fail a mystery guest even when you usually do an excellent job you run the risk of getting fired and that is not right. The company demands too much from empoyees with little pay.

222 Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box (View Most Recent)

Short Order cook

Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had a very good starting experience

Cons

There were hardly any cons in this job except for one or two but neither of them were me.

The ups and downs of a FORMER Jack in the Box Maintenance worker.

Former Employee - Maintenance Worker in Silsbee, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Worker in Silsbee, TX

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work is fair, you get to help out with others, once you finish cleaning up.

Cons

Trying to make sure *everything* is clean before opening, especially when the store opens on your shift, especially with lack of equipment! The district manager has no people skills, not to mention very pushy and rude.

When your local manager decides to not use the "the three strike rule" against an employee, drive it home by warning the local managers themselves are under such rules.

Make sure that district managers are more friendlier to everyone, especially with employee's families and ex-employees.

Make sure that maintenance work is listed on a form and time-stamped for each duty done from start to finish because sometimes time goes on, and things are like Sisyphus' boulder.
    Especially when the big-wigs arrive sometime later after the employee in that area is long gone.

When ordering supplies for the stores, make sure you have competent delivery drivers that get the supplies on time.

There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box