Jack in the Box

www.jackinthebox.com
  www.jackinthebox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

Long time employee, no employer loyalty, WAS a very good place to work.

Current Employee - IT Professional in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - IT Professional in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is fair. Provid gym and restaurant inside office. Benefits can be good. Upper management has some great ideas, if they can pull that off, Jack will succeed.

Cons

Franchising corporate sites was a mistake. No money left to do the job correctly. If you are in upper management benefits are great!
Lost touch with who built the brand in the field and in corporate and regional offices. Franchises offer no benefits. lower pay than corporate restaurants. Corporate office gets less money, and less support for the field. Franchisees are left to sink or they are too concerned about the bottom-line, so they cut cost which affect customers. Franchises pay employees less, employees transferred to franchises lose benefits, time served, they get cut in pay or have to leave. And the franchise under staff compared to corporate sites, which create poor customer service to customers. Many of the last 100 or so restaurants were sold for a song to achieve 80% or so franchise percentage, before scheduled.

Corporate employees are oblivious to this.

Jack can succeed if it is not allowed to be driven into the ground.

Franchising is great it can expand the brand, that is how are competitors grew! Selling off our corporate sites and cutting pay to field employees, by way of franchising is not the way.

223 Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box (View Most Recent)

I love working here its fun

Current Employee - Team Leader in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (more than an year)

Pros

all work hard and I am fast

Cons

not enough staffing not all trained well

I only worked at jack in the Box because I needed money.

Former Employee - Team Leader
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have the satisfaction of making the customer happy and you're able to expand your network. I have received tips from regular customers and a few business cards from customers. Ocassionally you have a fun time working with your co-workers and making new friends.

Cons

The employees are overworked when it is busy. You are expected to do too much on your own and deliver fast service. You do not get recognized for your acheivements very often. If you fail a mystery guest even when you usually do an excellent job you run the risk of getting fired and that is not right. The company demands too much from empoyees with little pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box