There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

Work here, but only if you are desperate.

Former Employee - Fry Cook in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Fry Cook in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Level entry job, they'll hire anybody.

Cons

Some manager have favorites and do not value hard workers.
There are no breaks.
Employees are constantly calling in, and they will call, call, and call until you pick up.
Co-workers become rude and jealous when they realize that you are in school or will be leaving soon for a better job.
Some managers do not respect privacy and gossip about their workers, so keep your business tight.

Do not gossip with employees.

211 Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box (View Most Recent)

Possibly the worst place to work for.

Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Thornton, CO

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-They started me out about 20 cents above minimum wage.
    -Learned some of the fast food business' tactics and techniques to help with future jobs.

Cons

-Useless tasks were always assigned to the cooks when we were very busy. Portioning French Fries? Really? That's one of the many unnecessary tasks assigned daily.

-No clear direction of the company. From the time I started to 8 months later when I quit, things got changed around more than I can count. It seemed like upper management would change things around just to make our lives more difficult.

-Management didn't care about anything, especially people beneath them. Good luck trying to get days off in advance. If it conflicted with any of the other 48 people working there's schedule, or they just didn't feel like taking you off the schedule, you will be working that day. The managers will constantly tell you how slow you are and how you don't know how to do some things (even though they don't bother training you).

-Training? Yeah right. I watched an hour of some stupid video about food safety, and the next day I was there on the fryer, trying to figure it out by myself. They put me on the cash register for a while, and never taught me how to count the drawer.

-No set schedule. Some weeks they would schedule me for 8 hours, and the next I would be working 20. I would work from 5pm-10pm some days, and the next it would be 6am-2pm. It was very unpredictable.

-You will work under constant threats of being fired. I remember when corporate came into our location once and everyone freaked out because they've fired people on the spot for saying the wrong sentence when they ask "What is your job?" People will talk behind your back and you will get write ups for their lies, without even being confronted about it. You will be threatened that if you break something, YOU will have to pay for it out of pocket.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. DO NOT WORK HERE.

I was able to work for corporate and franchise and learn the pros and cons.

Current Employee - Manager in Denison, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Denison, TX

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

working with corp. your able to run the business and working with franchise business runs you.

Cons

Able to have franchises when only choice you have is to cut labor to meet profit margin. And make it hard on hiring and keeping employees.

Increase labor to where you can maintain the great guest service and speed of service that expected and should be able to give to the customers

There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box