There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

Possibly the worst place to work for.

Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Thornton, CO
Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Thornton, CO

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-They started me out about 20 cents above minimum wage.
-Learned some of the fast food business' tactics and techniques to help with future jobs.

Cons

-Useless tasks were always assigned to the cooks when we were very busy. Portioning French Fries? Really? That's one of the many unnecessary tasks assigned daily.

-No clear direction of the company. From the time I started to 8 months later when I quit, things got changed around more than I can count. It seemed like upper management would change things around just to make our lives more difficult.

-Management didn't care about anything, especially people beneath them. Good luck trying to get days off in advance. If it conflicted with any of the other 48 people working there's schedule, or they just didn't feel like taking you off the schedule, you will be working that day. The managers will constantly tell you how slow you are and how you don't know how to do some things (even though they don't bother training you).

-Training? Yeah right. I watched an hour of some stupid video about food safety, and the next day I was there on the fryer, trying to figure it out by myself. They put me on the cash register for a while, and never taught me how to count the drawer.

-No set schedule. Some weeks they would schedule me for 8 hours, and the next I would be working 20. I would work from 5pm-10pm some days, and the next it would be 6am-2pm. It was very unpredictable.

-You will work under constant threats of being fired. I remember when corporate came into our location once and everyone freaked out because they've fired people on the spot for saying the wrong sentence when they ask "What is your job?" People will talk behind your back and you will get write ups for their lies, without even being confronted about it. You will be threatened that if you break something, YOU will have to pay for it out of pocket.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. DO NOT WORK HERE.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good for Fast Food

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time

Pros

- (personally) I like jack in the box more than other fast food restaurants
    - opportunities to advance
    - good as a first time job

Cons

- it's fast food :(
    - you get treated terribly by customers
    - my work hours were not very flexible
    - advancement is easy, but you're either a team member or a team leader and once you get there, that's it

2. Great People. 'Eh' Pay

Current Employee - Team Leader in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Vista, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people there, even some of the customers are great! The job is demanding, but easy to get used to.

Cons

The pay is not great, the discount stinks, and the franchise operation and higher ups treat you like crap and expect too much.

Advice to Management

My store manager is amazing! The franchise operators and area coaches though? Terrifying.