There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

My first job experience in Houston

I have been working at Jack in the Box

Pros

close to my house, good food

Cons

less than 40 hours, low income

Make some hispanic foods

reviews filtered by
  1. Great History ...Future in question

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This was a great place to work. Employees were promoted based on sucess and the company looked out for thier folks. It use to be a badge of honor to work here for a long time.

Cons

The last few years the management acted like people that had been at the company very long was a liability.

It really does just come down to good people. You need to recognized individuals rather than generalize. You may be right hast it is hard to implement big changes with staff that has been with the company for a long time but you won't find success being so hostile to long term employees.

It's a very harsh environment to work.

I have been working at Jack in the Box

Pros

Free food, drinks, get to try new things, opportunity for advancement, checks every two weeks, making your food unique sometimes.

Cons

Rude coworkers, poor management, terrible customers, no breaks, no meals, end up staying 2-3 hours after your shift ends, constant threats of being fired. Issues and needs are not taken care of. Go through management like a box of tissues. Had to train myself on everything. Got no formal training whatsoever. Those videos teach you nothing and the stuff they should be teaching you you only learn when you become team leader. People think its cool but you have to deal with way more bs and only get paid 75c more for it. If you have a choice don't work here and don't be team leader. It's is not worth it. And I wouldn't suggest going higher. Management gets kicked out every six months as it is.

Don't punish your good employees while your bad employees get away with everything.

There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box