Jack in the Box

www.jackinthebox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

Bad management and no diversity in language

Former Employee - Cashier in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (less than a year)

Pros

make fast money, and secure job, because everyone quits, they'd want to keep you. Not dirty, but not clean too.

Cons

They didn't do the whole training for me. And I worked there for 4 months. My manager told me that the floor gets dirty again, so why spend so much time. She said this, yelling, in front of customers. Also, everyone spoke Spanish. I heard my name while I'm working many times. It didn't feel very nice. A $100 bill got stolen, the manager asked everyone to cut from their checks. Unprofessional.

Be more organized with money, and give better training. Diversify the language and don't talk behind my back in a language I barely understand.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box (View Most Recent)

Great History ...Future in question

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This was a great place to work. Employees were promoted based on sucess and the company looked out for thier folks. It use to be a badge of honor to work here for a long time.

Cons

The last few years the management acted like people that had been at the company very long was a liability.

It really does just come down to good people. You need to recognized individuals rather than generalize. You may be right hast it is hard to implement big changes with staff that has been with the company for a long time but you won't find success being so hostile to long term employees.

It's a very harsh environment to work.

I have been working at Jack in the Box

Pros

Free food, drinks, get to try new things, opportunity for advancement, checks every two weeks, making your food unique sometimes.

Cons

Rude coworkers, poor management, terrible customers, no breaks, no meals, end up staying 2-3 hours after your shift ends, constant threats of being fired. Issues and needs are not taken care of. Go through management like a box of tissues. Had to train myself on everything. Got no formal training whatsoever. Those videos teach you nothing and the stuff they should be teaching you you only learn when you become team leader. People think its cool but you have to deal with way more bs and only get paid 75c more for it. If you have a choice don't work here and don't be team leader. It's is not worth it. And I wouldn't suggest going higher. Management gets kicked out every six months as it is.

Don't punish your good employees while your bad employees get away with everything.

There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box