Jackson Health System

www.jhsmiami.org
  www.jhsmiami.org
There are newer employer reviews for Jackson Health System

Excellent, great place to learn. Not a good place right now due to the recession

Current Employee - Nurse Manager
Current Employee - Nurse Manager

I have been working at Jackson Health System

Pros

Teamwork, good benefits and pay. rewarding

Cons

Volatile financial situation. insecurity of your job. Frequent changes to adapt to the financial instability makes it very stressful resulting in low morale.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Jackson Health System (View Most Recent)

Jackson the county hospital

I worked at Jackson Health System

Pros

Jackson is there for the community. The system tries to serve the needs of its customers.

Cons

Management has many challenges. There needs to be a complete overhaul of top management

Look at the executives that you have running the hospitals. You need individuals with experience

A great place to work but very demanding.

Former Employee - Director in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Miami, FL

I worked at Jackson Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a great place to work as it allows you to become involved in many areas of the system. As a director I attended various meetings that kept abreast of operations system wide. The CEO has townhall meetings as well to keep all informed and has done a great job at turning the hospital system around in a challenging economy even though it's a public hospital system. The JHS system also provides retirement vesting after 6 years of service with employee involvement of 3 percent. During my last three years I saw the transition into software to be more effective i.e. Kronos, Compliance 360, etc. Lastly, salaries are often a bit higher than other organizations.

Cons

Very challenging environment as it's a public hospital system and often you have fewer staff than at other compatible hospitals. If you have a certification and are not part of the medical specialties you are on your own i.e. for continuing education, organization fees, annual meetings - however they will provide the time for you to attend as training time. Example my annual cost was $160.00 for association, $1,150.00 for annual meeting and hotel.

Consider the non medical professionals to support their association dues, continuing education and annual meeting fees (hotel & meeting cost).

There are newer employer reviews for Jackson Health System