Jackson Laboratory
www.jax.org Bar Harbor, ME 1000 to 5000 Employees

Nothing ever changes at JAX West

In Vivo Technician (RA) (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

ProsGreat coworkers in In Vivo. Excellent experience for young tech's out of college.

ConsManagment keeps saying that things will change for the better, however, it usually changes for the worst. No follow up to any issues that the eployees have. Promises are not kept by upper managment. "Lab operational supervisors" hide out all day in an office with out supervising anything. NO upward mobilty.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagment keeps asking WHY so many people are unhappy and leaving, the answers are in front of you, you just need to follow up. There are opportunites in sacramento other than JAX; people will continue to leave until you value them. Stop blaming the workers for the faults of the managment.

A need for change

In Vivo Lab Technician II (RA II) (Former Employee)

I worked at Jackson Laboratory full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Learned a lot of techniques in a short period of time, by a really great trainer. The techs are the smartest/ambitious/social/friendly people I have… Cons: The only training program is for beginning techs, which is great, but there are other positions in the lab too that should have some sort… Advice to Senior Management: Be reasonable. For a company that is non-profit, you sure do focus on the "revenue" side of things. Bringing in as many projects… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Never work here

Animal Care Trainee II (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

I worked at Jackson Laboratory full-time for more than a year

Pros: It was a job that paid money. Cons: Treated like a machine. If you like killing many animals… Advice to Senior Management: Please quit. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Jackson Laboratory.

Worked for Jackson Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jackson Laboratory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jackson Laboratory CEO Dr. Edison T. Liu. All reviews posted anonymously by Jackson Laboratory employees.