Jackson Memorial Hospital

www.jhsmiami.org
  www.jhsmiami.org
There are newer employer reviews for Jackson Memorial Hospital

Probably changed with the financial issues, but used to be excellent place to work

Former Employee - Coder/Abstractor in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Coder/Abstractor in Miami, FL

I worked at Jackson Memorial Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large hospital, some cutting edge research, opportunity to learn and advance in your field. I found the nursing staff friendly, and each ward/section often very social/helpful to newbies. My manager liked employees to suggest ways to improve how the job was done.

Cons

It's in the Civic Center, so unless you take the train, traffic and parking is a mess. If you're sensitive to strong cleansers/scents, you will have issues (I did).

24 Other Employee Reviews for Jackson Memorial Hospital (View Most Recent)

Not a good one

I have been working at Jackson Memorial Hospital

Pros

Knowledge and experience in the workplace.

Cons

Non appreciative superiors in work place.

You should know enough about the company's style to know that your management style will complement it. Possible styles include: task oriented (I'll enjoy problem-solving identifying what's wrong, choosing a solution and implementing it"), results-oriented ("Every management decision I make is determined by how it will affect the bottom line"), or even paternalistic ("I'm committed to taking care of my subordinates and pointing them in the right direction").

It used to be a good place to work, not anymore

I have been working at Jackson Memorial Hospital

Pros

co-workers are sometimes good to work with, it all depends on who you know and what you have to bring to the table.

Cons

Management have their ego higher than their moral, this used to be a good place to work but it has changed since new management steped in.

Listen to your employees and stop pressuring them to make a mistake that could go on their record for life

There are newer employer reviews for Jackson Memorial Hospital